• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Friday night catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
I went to a local Mark searching for a bit of relief from the easterly wind , when I got there every man and his dog and kids were also there .
so there was still room for me and Ben ( my young nephew) to set up , so I set Ben up he had got himself some worms so I gave him a 2 hook rig and he sent it out using my 16ft sonix, before I could set up my first rod he had landed a small pout so a quick photo and I left him to it , he had several more of these , I was using 2 rods with big baits mackerel and squid , after a couple of hours as the tide was on the turn I started to catch a few fish , Ben seeing this now wants a big bait so a Change of rig for him and soon he has mackerel out .
my first fish was a strap maybe 3lb , then another a bit smaller both were easy to unhook and send back , by now the whiting had started I had a few on mackerel strips then I got a decent bite on a whole joey mackerel to land a whiting which went 1.15lb on my scales , my first fish for my comp ideal .Ben had caught a whiting now for dinner so 11pm we headed home .5B4BE2D8-7BE5-4822-BE76-9033BC3576A3.jpeg2571EB72-7AED-4313-A4F8-D54EE3A2CADB.jpeg628DF4BE-8F17-4865-BB07-5866D15DA379.jpeg21CDB203-1467-4C3A-AA2C-00CEDF5A2E5F.jpeg6F55B96F-A301-4520-95BE-5A567AE66132.jpeg0A2E003E-B1E7-4E7F-94B1-B629357D5465.jpeg

Great catch report John - I was thinking about messaging you later to see how you got on! Glad you had some company to share some worms with! ? ? I'm glad I said I didn't think I would make it - awful belly ache just after lunch & was snoring in the nest just after 10pm!

Good chance of a flounder maybe a thornback were the hell are you gonna get a unicorn from bud orso nice to see your nephews keen will you bring him on are next meet or you worried about my influence on his fragile young mind to much ????

Good chance of a flounder maybe a thornback were the hell are you gonna get a unicorn from bud orso nice to see your nephews keen will you bring him on are next meet or you worried about my influence on his fragile young mind to much ????
I will bring him next time if he wants to come , he could do with seeing the darker side of fishing ?.
unicorns are coming out now several have been weighed in so far all around the 6lb Mark .top prize is a T1000 I think some sort of expensive rod made by century. But you need to get all 4 spieces to be in with a shout

I will bring him next time if he wants to come , he could do with seeing the darker side of fishing ?.
unicorns are coming out now several have been weighed in so far all around the 6lb Mark .top prize is a T1000 I think some sort of expensive rod made by century. But you need to get all 4 spieces to be in with a shout
A T 1000 if you win that best you sell it to by worms jhon your never bend the bloody thing ???

Nice one john, that whiting gets you started on the comp board just need a bigger one :p, good to see your nephew is keen on the fishing, he can carry some of our gear for us;);)

He had to carry all the gear last night all I carried was the rods ?
No Barrow yet John? !!

Someone from Cornwall was fishing the same location last year on Youtube, and I'd swear he was fishing out of his boot a fair way down!! Looked like there was more than one car there too.

Back