• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Friday night catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
I had worms left over from blanking at chesil, so decided to do a trip to the rocky coast , as soon as the bait hit the bottom a wrasse hit it , I forgot how aggressive the wrasse can be , I had a busy hour then it went dead , I had 5 wrasse all around 3 to 4 lb , good job I was bait fishing as the water was full of weed .IMG_0151.jpegIMG_0150.jpegIMG_0148.jpegIMG_0146.jpegIMG_0144.jpeg

Cracking wrasse John, well done.

We went for a coast walk in the week along blackstone to stoke and everywhere the water was chock full of the green stringy weed, never seen it so bad. Hopefully the wind forecast for the end of the week and the next set of bigger tides will see it clear🤞

Cracking wrasse John, well done.

We went for a coast walk in the week along blackstone to stoke and everywhere the water was chock full of the green stringy weed, never seen it so bad. Hopefully the wind forecast for the end of the week and the next set of bigger tides will see it clear🤞
Hope so

Top dangling mate. Lovely pics too. Nice one... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Great report & photos John - well done on the Wrasse! 🎣🎣👍👍

Lovely wrasse John, I'm down Fowey, loads of weed here on the big tides ☹️....worms unfortunately we're also a sticky mess, but had 1 short try for a couple bass, a wrasse, dog and black goby so far..... hopefully get some more worm and have a day scratching about tomorrow 😁PXL_20230709_070232950.jpg

Back