• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Friday night mini meet catch report

So after some messages to fellow anglers we decided to meet up at a local beach , it was myself , nephew Ben , Dodders mick , Trampster Dave , and bananas bob , so 5 of us , at the last minute Bob wasn’t allowed to come ??, shame ?.
so we met up at 4.30 pm at a local surf beach well there were about 20 surfers there lol .
Time we got set up the surfers were gone as it was getting dark .
The waves were big and messy hmm bassy and clean no weed .
soon we all had our baits in the water and waited and waited and for most it was waited and waited all night ? ,were they using any bait .
Any the fish turned up for me anyway ??????, first bite big rattle and pull down unmistakable in the rough conditions soon a nice fat flounder was on the beach at my feet over a pound .View attachment 17859,at least that was blank saved for me . It was 45 minutes before my next bite a nice big bite after a bit of up and down the beach I landed a lovely bass all 60cm of it .I was buzzing . View attachment 17860View attachment 17861,10 minutes later another bite this time a dog fish ?. View attachment 17862,well I wondered what the other guys were doing but I was fishing ??.
Then I had to wait about 45 minutes for my last bite, another cracking bite and another tousle in the surf and a nice 50cm bass landed .View attachment 17863,just after I landed this bass we were hit by tons and I mean tons of weed so time to pack up . It had been a good night for me .
The other 3 blanked I don’t know why . It was good to see mick again after such a long time .
Top dangling!!!!

Back