• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Fs reel down why ?

One thing you will find reel down is that the balance point shifts dramatically , this will make the whole set up feel a lot lighter and more manageable.
You will however shorten the casting length unless you use a reducer .
Typically my t700 has about 18 inch from butt to reel stem .
I think i would struggle reel up with my 900 as i did with the gbfs pro , i suppose depends how strong you are
Reeling in is a lot easier and for marks with wrack and snags in closer you may well get a bit more elevation advantage .
Hth

I find it easy enough gripping and releasing for the cast. A breakaway thumbutton or one of Poledarks. I don't like the breakaway trigger though. I tend not to fish many marks that require big distances though and mostly fish reel up as it is more user friendly. I'\/e dunked my reels in too much mud or water and bashed them on rocks. I suppose it's not too bad down south where you just plonk your arse on the shingle all session though
Or on a marina arm, we like a bit of comfort when fishing. ;)

Iv tryed useing a casting canon but each time I get cracked off ,so I just use my finger now and get no crack offs ,why?

Iv tryed useing a casting canon but each time I get cracked off ,so I just use my finger now and get no crack offs ,why?
Hope you use ear plugs when letting that canon off. ;)

Reel up every time, maybe it's because I use multies and rods made for them. ;)

Up/down, FS/multi, braid/mono they all have their time and place. Use what you prefer to suit the methods and conditions. One thing for me is the ability to fight powerfull fish like big stingrays, shore sharks etc where I prefer reel low (not quite as low as my field casting position) for easing body strain by allowing a wider range of upper hand positions.

Back