• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

garmin 95 sv

j willson

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
well i been try to set it up a garmin 95sv and understand how it works :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , so for about about 10 hours i have been on computer , i tried to set things up , it dose seem ok just got to fit it and get out with it ,:oops:

Last edited:
well i been try to set it up a garmin 95sv and understand how it works :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , so for about about 10 hours i have been on computer , i tried to set things up , it dose seem ok just got to fit it and get out with it ,:oops:
Fit it first and then set it up.

I have 2 x 95SV Plus, GT52HW, GLS10 Panoptix Livescope, and AIS800

Fit it correctly 1st 👍 Provided that's done properly and your power supply is good then the rest is down to time spent using it. Plenty to learn on YT etc but actual use in the water is key imo

Fit it first and then set it up.

I have 2 x 95SV Plus, GT52HW, GLS10 Panoptix Livescope, and AIS800
i am not computer savvy person , so have set things up before fitting ,so i have set it up but may have to adjust a few things when out , but it seems not to bad to understand most things ,just going in and out of set up information get me :oops:

i got power to it and its alive :giggle: just waiting for water separator filter then i am out

for a first time it went good clear reading on it would read up to 30 mph , operator the biggest trouble :rolleyes: , did mark fishing spot drifted off it and returned to it within in 10 ft , there so much stuff on it it hard to think what's better to have on screen . could drift over any where and see a single fish at bottom , loads of sand eels bunching up as guillemots went for them looked like a big bee hive hanging in water .

more training to be done :oops: but getting there

Reading the sonar comes with experience. After a good few trips you will be able to almost identify species from the fish arches and bait balls, by their action and position in the water column. Also, you will be able to identify floating weed in the current.

I also have Panoptix livescope, which takes sonar to a whole new level, but often I will have traditional sonar on one plotter and livescope downscan on the other.

Back