• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Getting beaten up by fish, long walks and the cold.

CKB

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well, last night was thoroughly unenjoyable in the cold, approximately a 2 mile walk each way to the spot, plus a mile or so extra, as I remembered I had left my reels on the dining room table. I think the total was 5 or 6 eels, only to 12-14 (2 doubles). I missed a couple of hard runs which weren't huss or conger, they had to be bass or pollock, unfortunately, I was baiting up at the time they started stripping line off the Saltists. I picked up the rod and nothing was there. Big bream might be a third candidate but, they'll remain unknown.
It's the last trip down to Port Gorey for a while, as I have lots of other venues to try that are less of a brutal walk home at silly o'clock.

ReelsForgoptten1.jpg

LacOupee7611.jpg

GarfishBaits1.jpg
CongerHead1.jpg

MackerelBait1.jpg

Congm3.jpg

Squid765bait.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Chris,
Atlantic Drift Fishing

Great fishing and report. ??

Love that second picture. That path just draws you along.
I suppose the baits suit the size of the target. My last trip had size 12s and snippets of rag as a complete contrast.
My sister lives in Jersey, which one you on?
Smashing report and pictures.

Great report & photos Chris - good effort! To be honest, never caught a Conger, and from what I've heard, not bothered about it! ??

Great pics.
A double eel is still a good fish!
To me they’re just pests that take bait for more worthy species!

But I grew up catching them on a rocky coastline and around here a low doubles eel ain’t nothing.
I’ve seen enough eels to last a lifetime!

Anyway, it’s not my report and I realise I’m probably in the minority!

I hope you and your eels will all be very happy together ???

Great fishing and report. ??
Thanks a lot.
Nice pictures!

Definitely wouldn’t walk that far for eels lol
HaHa I need a 50 or a 60lb'er, then maybe I can quit ... biggest this season is only 25 something.
Great catch & report mate ,good piccys well done ???????
Cheers
Nice report.

The bait looks bigger than some will catch.
Hahaha its the only way sometimes to put the straps off and have enough time for the big ones to find it. Thanks
Good write up mate, well done on the eels. That’s a hefty bait, how far are you casting one of those?
Depends purely on the size, no big baits more than 70 yards I'd guess but, 3 or 4 medium sandeels together really fly. The rods are designed for the heavier leads and baits.
Great pics as usual, well done on the fish (y) (y)
Thanks dude!
Great pics.
A double eel is still a good fish!
Well, I have had 2 x 30's, a fair few 20's and I am after a PB. Every fish feels heavier coming through the kelp and when you realise they are a low double or smaller, it's a big let down. I know on the clean beaches they'd be great to see. I've just spent a long time on rock.
Love that second picture. That path just draws you along.
I suppose the baits suit the size of the target. My last trip had size 12s and snippets of rag as a complete contrast.
My sister lives in Jersey, which one you on?
Smashing report and pictures.
Its a stunning spot, that island in the distance is where i'd love to try. L'etac.
Great report & photos Chris - good effort! To be honest, never caught a Conger, and from what I've heard, not bothered about it! ??
Thanks mate, I completely understand.
To me they’re just pests that take bait for more worthy species!

But I grew up catching them on a rocky coastline and around here a low doubles eel ain’t nothing.
I’ve seen enough eels to last a lifetime!

Anyway, it’s not my report and I realise I’m probably in the minority!

I hope you and your eels will all be very happy together ???
They are the new dogfish, my Dad hates them, but, get one on that's 25+ and your pulse gets racing.
Great report and brilliant pics ?
Thank you.
Great report and pics as always Chris.
Look forward to the next one.
Thanks mate.

Back