• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Glad i bothered.

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After a weed wipe out Monday eve I was wondering whether it would be worth going anywhere , but with plenty worm left and no work thought rude not to and had a little plan to try and avoid the weed.
Went to a local harbour and fished in close from above enabling only a small amount of line in the water. Worked perfectly was able to fish normally . Not sure why I don't fish here more to be honest ?
Absolutely lovely weather with light rain falling in the 20 degree night temperatures and a nice breeze coming from the west .

4 bass biggest going 3lbs 8 . Proper bites over the railings butt up in the air etc! Blank for my mate not sure why at all both using same stuff really.

Good fun on carp rod.
20220712_234759.jpg

Well done on the bass. Next time it may be your mate on the fish. That sort of thing happens often, and we will never figure out why!

i had the same idea after your info on the weed down your end and tried up the medway
at gillingham pier and it was flat calm and we had lots of fun pulling in weed (not) oh forgot
to mention no bites or any sign of a fish.

That brings back the memories.Fished it back in 1968 whilst at Brompton Barracks.Had the same result as you,zilch.?
since 1968 things have changed with plenty of cod eels flounders in the 70s & 80s and in the last few years
we have had skate mackerel smooth hounds whiting bass and weed ! oh and dog fish .

Back