• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Got my hands on……

All the best with your new rod, what have you replaced please? Rods are such personal things, it is always fascinating to hear first hand reviews. I see there is another reincarnation of the rod coming soon in conjunction with Marc Cowling. So many options, so little time and money🤪

All the best with your new rod, what have you replaced please? Rods are such personal things, it is always fascinating to hear first hand reviews. I see there is another reincarnation of the rod coming soon in conjunction with Marc Cowling. So many options, so little time and money🤪
I’ve not really replaced anything if I’m honest I just always wanted the 9’6” version of the Seabass Custom.

I was fortunate enough to win an original Seabass Custom in a raffle for £6! The 8’8” one which itself is a peach but I do like a longer lure rod for that bit more distance. I have a MC Truzer I bought a few years ago I use occasionally 9’6” 10-30g but these are 7-35g which cover most of what I lure fish with. I do also have a 10’ MC Tidrift which is a distance weapon at 10-45g.

I suppose the only rod I’m toying of moving on is a HTO ShoreGame 93, again peach of a rod with lovely fuji Torzite guides but it’s not been used in the past 2yrs.

DEF surely... 🤣

Nice looking Rod Kev. Hope it serves you well mate.🎣

Ian.

See they are releasing another batch of these in a month or so's time, very tempted.

…… A stunning new Major Craft Seabass Custom Cork edition for the coming season 😎

Probably didn’t need another lure rod but we’re here for a good time eh! Not a long time 🎣🐟🐟🐟View attachment 58752
Oh dear, happened to pass Chesil Bait and Tackle , the importers/distributors for major craft on my way back from a Chesil trip and pop in for a look. Knew this was a mistake as I've been resisting the tidrift 9ft6in 7 to 35 gr for some time telling myself my nebula 7/35 was all I need. Anyway soon as I looked at the tidrift and put a bend in it I wanted to take it with me but it gets worse as I also knew it wouldn't be great at the upper end of it's weight range and I do occasionally throw 30 gram metals when there a big surf running so I looked at the rod in the 10/45 gram and pursueded myself I really needed both. If only I'd gone anothe couple of hundred yards to the fish and chip shop first the tackle shop would have closed by the time I'd had my fish and chips and I'd I've driven the two hour trip home without the dent in the bank account.PXL_20240317_014724188.jpg

Oh dear, happened to pass Chesil Bait and Tackle , the importers/distributors for major craft on my way back from a Chesil trip and pop in for a look. Knew this was a mistake as I've been resisting the tidrift 9ft6in 7 to 35 gr for some time telling myself my nebula 7/35 was all I need. Anyway soon as I looked at the tidrift and put a bend in it I wanted to take it with me but it gets worse as I also knew it wouldn't be great at the upper end of it's weight range and I do occasionally throw 30 gram metals when there a big surf running so I looked at the rod in the 10/45 gram and pursueded myself I really needed both. If only I'd gone anothe couple of hundred yards to the fish and chip shop first the tackle shop would have closed by the time I'd had my fish and chips and I'd I've driven the two hour trip home without the dent in the bank account.View attachment 60820
Ah! Very nice. I’d seen your post on the Tacklewave group on Facebook I’m sure.

…… A stunning new Major Craft Seabass Custom Cork edition for the coming season 😎

Probably didn’t need another lure rod but we’re here for a good time eh! Not a long time 🎣🐟

See the new ltd batch of these has arrived, think it's twenty five of each model .

See the new ltd batch of these has arrived, think it's twenty five of each model .
It’s the same rod as the one I’ve had they’ve released another 25 of each size meaning there’s now 75 either owned or available to buy.

Back