• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Great start!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all, I went out last night for my first proper attempt at finding a hound or two. I met with a couple of mates and we got set up. Fishing a low water mark, we were very early and still had about 3hrs of ebb to wait for as they usually show on the flood.
The time wasn’t wasted though as we had a good natter and a laugh as well as finding a few crabs and catching a couple of obligatory dogs.
Eventually low water came and one of my mates lost a fish to an inexplicable snapped snood.
It wasn’t too long before it was my turn and what began as a small, tentative bite, soon bent the rod over as I lifted in.
Trying not to get too excited, I played the fish towards me but a couple of times she stopped me dead. I knew this wasn’t a pup! I finally got her to the shore and as I tried to pick it up, I couldn’t get my hand around the back of its head!
I called out that I was fairly sure it was a double and it was… My first hound of 2024 and it was a lovely 11lbs 8oz!
We fished on and although it was slow, I had a reasonably consistent trickle of fish ending the night with 4 hounds (biggest 5lbs 1oz apart from the double), 2 dogs and a surprise 38cm schoolie.
The last one had a nasty cut around it from fishing line which I managed to cut free before releasing, hopefully it recovers now.
One of my mates landed a pup whilst the other had a ‘mare and dropped 3 hounds!!
A good night for me though, I enjoyed it!! 😁48b8ce9d-2021-4e7c-8428-41ab4f70aeb6.jpegIMG_7394.jpegIMG_7400.jpegIMG_7401.jpegIMG_7402.jpegIMG_7399.jpeg

Great report Stomsy, some nice Hounds, and lovely Bass. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back in business. What a great start to the hound season. You certainly have the Midas touch when it comes to hounds👍🏼😁😎

Like the hounds well done fella better than them silver carp bloody nuisance they are. Nice to see a few coming out hope to get out next week and have a go for them and the rays.

Great report again and lovely photos Stormzy! Well done matey! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back