• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Greys BZE replacement

meirion658

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Afternoon all,

With spring in the air it time to pull our the bass rods and start dusting them down. The BZE has served me well over the years but I think it time for an upgrade.

So looking for a nice 11 6 -12ft Bass rod light to handle with a sensitive tip but a bit of grunt in the mid section. Be used on clean beaches to mixed ground nothing heavy.

Any ideas

You'll do well to find an upgrade to them imo, I'll certainly be following this one. As a registered hoarder of tackle I have 2 spare 12'6" BZe's. You can make me a serious offer via PM if you like but I won't be giving these away and will probably regret the moment I sell them. However I must down size soon🥺

You'll do well to find an upgrade to them imo, I'll certainly be following this one. As a registered hoarder of tackle I have 2 spare 12'6" BZe's. You can make me a serious offer via PM if you like but I won't be giving these away and will probably regret the moment I sell them. However I must down size soon🥺
That why I have kept it for so long 😆.

If you do decide to part let me know. Are they the 3- 5oz rods?

Yes they are, one of them has been used twice, the other maybe a half dozen sessions so they're in very good condition. I bought them as backups to my 'working' pair but in reality I do very little bait fishing these days. I'm open to serious offers. PM me if you're interested

Afternoon all,

With spring in the air it time to pull our the bass rods and start dusting them down. The BZE has served me well over the years but I think it time for an upgrade.

So looking for a nice 11 6 -12ft Bass rod light to handle with a sensitive tip but a bit of grunt in the mid section. Be used on clean beaches to mixed ground nothing heavy.

Any ideas
Pop into your local tackle shop and have a wiggle with a few, then decide which would suit you best.

Cracking rod, use it on fast flowing estuary flicked close to sea wall, swing the lead and it flies, can do everything. Does have a silly travel/rod case lol

and you can take the butt cap off and on as many times as you like..

so you like a bit of grunt huh...

Last edited:
If you're still looking for a rod and can find one sitting about, I haven't come across anything on the same level as the conoflex bass bandit, exactly what you described lovely tip which could register a seahorse burp from 100yds away, yet strong with plenty of power going into the mid and butt section, very forgiving on the cast as well. My top estuary rod and also heavy spinning rod, handled pollack to 7lbs and double figure conger very comfortably. Would never part with mine (y)

Back