• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Gt. Yarmouth

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I am going to be in Yarmouth for a few days later this month I have been there a couple of times and fished the harbour wall. Just wondering if there is anywhere else I should be giving a go ?

Tight lines Kevin! Sorry, but Yarmouth is way too far East of my location to offer advice.

I am going to be in Yarmouth for a few days later this month I have been there a couple of times and fished the harbour wall. Just wondering if there is anywhere else I should be giving a go ?
Fresh water fishing in the Broads if fishing is rubbish along the harbour wall.

Is fishing on the Broads not controlled by clubs ?
Haven't a clue Kevin, last time I was there we hired a cabin cruiser and I fished all the rivers and the broads. That was way back in the 70's.

Do you mean Great Yarmouth in Norfolk?
If so, I'd be inclined to go to one of the local tackle shops to ask for some up to date advice. There is a tackle shop in Gorleston (the other side of the river).
That is where I get my bait. I have also bought a cheap rod and reel combo there, and a 3 piece suit. Oh yeah, and extra rigs and weights. I find I can't go into a tackle shop and simply buy what I went in for.:LOL:

That is where I get my bait. I have also bought a cheap rod and reel combo there, and a 3 piece suit. Oh yeah, and extra rigs and weights. I find I can't go into a tackle shop and simply buy what I went in for.:LOL:
Its a rare angler who can go into a tackleshop & buy just what they went in for 😄😄

Its a rare angler who can go into a tackleshop & buy just what they went in for 😄😄
I've cracked it.! I only take in enough cash to cover what I really need and leave my wallet locked in the glovebox of my mates car.
I learnt my lesson after I went into a local tackle shop having consumed a few pints. I went in for 6 daddy long legs dry flies as I was going out trouting the next day.
I left the shop considerably lighter in the pocket with a new #8 weight fly rod, a large arbour reel, floating, intermediate, fast sink lines and backing. Forgot the flies and got a collosal bollocking from the now ex when I stumbled back in half pissed with an armful off goodies.

I am going to be in Yarmouth for a few days later this month I have been there a couple of times and fished the harbour wall. Just wondering if there is anywhere else I should be giving a go
Gorleston beach is reputed to be good. There’s an old wreck. Drive to the top of the cliffs and there’s a car park right near the end. It’s a good walk down to the beach then turn right and go a hundred yards or so

South beach in Great Yarmouth, up near the Pleasure Beach. Free parking on the toad

Back