• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

GUESTS SIGN UP

68 Guests at this moment in time.SIGN UP. (y)It's FREE.
At this moment in time, 33 viewing the forum, but you gotta break it down: 9 members, 17 guests, and 7 Bots.

Be nice if those who have signed up would participate & post something.

Of the latest 12 members to sign up, 8 haven't posted anything yet, and one of them joined 16 days ago.

At this moment in time, 33 viewing the forum, but you gotta break it down: 9 members, 17 guests, and 7 Bots.

Of the latest 12 members to sign up, 8 haven't posted anything yet, and one of them joined 16 days ago.
There are some that signed up on Dec 27 (there was a huge glut of new members around that time!!!) that have never signed on again.
Strange eh........??

No ,it's 10 guests & 14 members.
You posted that 21 minutes after me. The numbers viewing the forum continuously varies by the minute, which is why I said "at this time". ??

How do you see who has posted?

Tbh though, although obviously we’d like new members to post a bit, it’s just the nature of forums.
Some people use the more than others, but I don’t think we should necessarily berate them for that.
When I first started looking on forums, I did very little for a few months and was quite hesitant about posting.
It’s a little intimidating when so many people obviously know each other. I realise that’s not deliberate most of the time but it’s like walking across a room and introducing yourself to a group of strangers and trying to join their conversation.

And not on here, but I’ve noticed elsewhere that once (not necessarily now), there was even a ‘who the hell are you?’ kind of attitude towards some new members who tried to join in.

It’s very true that you get as much or as little out of a forum as you put in, but there’s always going to be a huge variation.

I suppose you could liken it to being invited to the wedding reception of a mate. You've known him for years, but never met his family, and not seen him for a few years, so don't know his new wife or any of her friends & family.
I've been to a few weddings & funerals in those sort of circumstances, and unless you make the effort to mingle and speak to people, you'll feel like Billy no mates and the thing will seem like a miserable affair.

I suppose you could liken it to being invited to the wedding reception of a mate. You've known him for years, but never met his family, and not seen him for a few years, so don't know his new wife or any of her friends & family.
I've been to a few weddings & funerals in those sort of circumstances, and unless you make the effort to mingle and speak to people, you'll feel like Billy no mates and the thing will seem like a miserable affair.
Any gatherings I've been to allways ended up with a big fight,my family and friends allways find something to argue about.

Equally, don’t wade in and start trying to pick up the nearest bridesmaid while talking about the size of your tackle ?

Equally, don’t wade in and start trying to pick up the nearest bridesmaid while talking about the size of your tackle ?
I did go to a wedding once where the celebrations after the ceremony started off with some shot drinking. Bad move - I had eyes for one of the bridesmaids, but Wifey wasn't very pleased! ??

Me and the boss woman once went to a friend/ex workmate of mine’s at some country pile.
After a couple of fantastic hours mingling and drinking and having a right good laugh she says to me “Have you seen Steve or Sarah?” “No why?”
Turns out we were at the wrong do!
We had a proper good night though.?

Me and the boss woman once went to a friend/ex workmate of mine at some country pile.
After a couple of fantastic hours mingling and drinking and having a right good laugh she says to me “Have you seen Steve or Sarah?” “No why?”
Turns out we were at the wrong do!
We had a proper good night though.?
Brilliant!

:rolleyes:Well at the moment there are 6 members & 50 guests.
Strangely I am always the first:eek:)

(Just incase no one realised my posts on this at ment s a joke.

Having been a member of the other forum for many years, I have stopped posting anything other than catch reports. Too much nastiness and nonsense.

Having lurked a bit, this place seems much more friendly. Will be sure to post more, and hello to everyone.

Steve

Having been a member of the other forum for many years, I have stopped posting anything other than catch reports. Too much nastiness and nonsense.

Having lurked a bit, this place seems much more friendly. Will be sure to post more, and hello to everyone.

Steve
It’s very different here steve, make yourself at home

Back