• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Had a go last night.

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Not been sea in a while now , from march into about June is when I sea fish most as best species locally. So hopefully some decent reports coming soon from me.
Also coincides perfectly with the lakes and rivers I fish which have the traditional close season as sssi sites.

Calm night small tides. Fishing from dusk till about 10 around 3.5 hours . Target rays .

2 rods both with pennel pulleys and 4/0s whole squid or double squid baits .

Wasn't expecting many whiting to be around but the bloody things pecked twisted and tangled my traces which was annoying for leaving presented nicely for a ray . Landed 2 decent size ones around 35 40cm but not what was after. Then dogfish moved in and landed 3 of them which were a good size also.

No pictures sorry. Makes it bit boring lol

Might go somewhere a bit more secluded again next time, as 2 trips in a row now at last night's spot have been disturbed by weirdos that won't stop talking to me. Ended up leaving a cast or 2 early because this bloke was telling me his life story 🤣

Good one Had1. Blank avoided and a nice report. 🎣🎣👍👍

I find telling unwelcome guests while I'm fishing I'm not interested in anything they've got to say to me and to feck off and leave me alone they always get the message straight away call me s grumpy miserable fecker but it makes me so happy to see the toddle off along the beach away from me and pester someone else .

I find telling unwelcome guests while I'm fishing I'm not interested in anything they've got to say to me and to feck off and leave me alone they always get the message straight away call me s grumpy miserable fecker but it makes me so happy to see the toddle off along the beach away from me and pester someone else .
I was being blunt the whole time the geezer just wouldn't get it haha 😅 I spoke to 2 other walkers for about 10 mins at a time which is fine and enjoyed the chat but this guy came at about 9pm and was still talking to me as I packed my car at 2215 lol .
My fault was a busy place.

Jesus I sound miserable lol if any of you were there though you wouldn't of liked him ... this wasn't a normal guy I'm trying to be polite 😅

Not been sea in a while now , from march into about June is when I sea fish most as best species locally. So hopefully some decent reports coming soon from me.
Also coincides perfectly with the lakes and rivers I fish which have the traditional close season as sssi sites.

Calm night small tides. Fishing from dusk till about 10 around 3.5 hours . Target rays .

Wasn't expecting many whiting to be around but the bloody things pecked twisted and tangled my traces which was annoying for leaving presented nicely for a ray . Landed 2 decent size ones around 35 40cm but not what was after. Then dogfish moved in and landed 3 of them which were a good size also.

Might go somewhere a bit more secluded again next time, as 2 trips in a row now at last night's spot have been disturbed by weirdos that won't stop talking to me. Ended up leaving a cast or 2 early because this bloke was telling me his life story 🤣
Feckin Courtney's , Courtney thing or Courtney yet, annoying bastids at the best of times😁

Its March..... a few fish is a good return.

Back