• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Haddock making a return

DEEP SEA JOHN

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hello again
i thought the members would be interested to know. over the past few years we have seen an increase in haddock catches from the shore. up here in geordie land nothing of great size usualy round the 1lb mark lovely clean fish along with whiting and dabs. the general thoughts are with the drop off of cod and ling there is nothing predating on them. we dont think the comercial guys have reduced their quotas as they are still hammering away
are they making a show in your areas? hows it down your way" sonar"
D.S.J. 🦀

Hello again
i thought the members would be interested to know. over the past few years we have seen an increase in haddock catches from the shore. up here in geordie land nothing of great size usualy round the 1lb mark lovely clean fish along with whiting and dabs. the general thoughts are with the drop off of cod and ling there is nothing predating on them. we dont think the comercial guys have reduced their quotas as they are still hammering away
are they making a show in your areas? hows it down your way" sonar"
D.S.J. 🦀
None down in Sunny Sussex, cod have emigrated as well. :(

Haddock all year round in our chippies.. 🤣

Ian.

Aye over here in Northern Ireland we have never lost the Haddock. But like the Cod it's mostly just wee one's.

The boats still get decent sized Haddock/Cod but from the shore it's a different story.

Dabs are caught as often as Flounder, Whiting are in plague proportions😁.

Mark...

Showing all the way down the holderness. 1 or 2 in the Humber.
More than one or two according to recent reports on faceache, but nothing much of any size.
I had a ting sized one from the wall at Stallingborough a couple of years ago and carefully returned it.

I was at easington on Saturday. A few came out. As you say though, not of any size.
Still, nice to see.
I prefer them to cod from the chippy too 😋🤤👌
I guess with the increase in the number of them being caught from the shore it’s only a matter of time before someone lands a proper keeper.
I always get Haddock from the chippie too!

Last edited:
Fishing Hendon wall in Sunderland last night the guy next to me caught whiting a rockling and large dog fish and a 2 foot long haddock.
strange mix of fish.

oh. Me. Well two small whiting and a rockling Everything went back alive…
Must have been a some haddock or is it a bit of a fisherman's tale :cautious:

Must have been a some haddock or is it a bit of a fisherman's tale :cautious:
Bit of a Fisherman's Tale me think's. Bit like me having twelve inches, but don't use it as a Rule.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

No I was there when he caught some of the whiting and the haddock and dogfish
the haddock was about two foot long. As soon as he caught he packed up and left …
Was it Smoked or Unsmoked.. :D

Ian.

No I was there when he caught some of the whiting and the haddock and dogfish
the haddock was about two foot long. As soon as he caught he packed up and left …
I believe you pal 😉
There's bound to be an odd better fish in and amongst.

Back