• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Hard going at Eastbourne

Leginfisher

Reaction score
First trip out since I gave up after about a million whiting, no exaggeration, well it felt like it on my last trip early November.
Heard some plaice coming out at Eastbourne and Brighton and decided on Eastbourne.

Well it was flat calm and sunny but a fair bit of colour in the water. Was using blow lug on Portsmouth loop rigs.

Well, it was tough. Tony’s tackle had a match on and I think was won with 2/3 fish. They finished a hour before high and that was when I managed some plaice, all small and a coalie plus the obligatory pin whiting.

Nice to be out again but probably won’t be rushing to try again till March unless things really pick up.

Attachments

• 337896BE-E1DD-4A49-B8FA-E289FAEBF41A.jpeg
    337896BE-E1DD-4A49-B8FA-E289FAEBF41A.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 8A300CFB-9181-4658-8461-59D42EEB1C68.jpeg
    8A300CFB-9181-4658-8461-59D42EEB1C68.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 17
Nice report & photos LIF - blank avoided. 🎣🎣👍👍

Like you Nigel, not bothered with the beach since November, but have been toying with the idea of having a crack on the next set of springs. Your report may have just persuaded me otherwise! At least you managed your target and a bonus coalie - not that common in our neck of the woods. Did manage to get out last weekend off Brighton for a few pollack, best pushing toward 15lbs, but that’s my only trip of the winter so far. Will give you a shout when I fancy a beach trip, but need to see some sign of spring first. All the best, Bob.

Like you Nigel, not bothered with the beach since November, but have been toying with the idea of having a crack on the next set of springs. Your report may have just persuaded me otherwise! At least you managed your target and a bonus coalie - not that common in our neck of the woods. Did manage to get out last weekend off Brighton for a few pollack, best pushing toward 15lbs, but that’s my only trip of the winter so far. Will give you a shout when I fancy a beach trip, but need to see some sign of spring first. All the best, Bob.
It does seem only a few coming out and mostly small, with odd decent one. If we get some settled weather coinciding with a spring I might be tempted. Otherwise happy to wait till March. Was looking at a wrecking trip especially with the calm weather but didn’t get round to phoning Steve. Thinking that too might improve in a months time.

Please do give me a shout when you are next thinking of going, it might encourage me to give it another go!

Back