• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Hartlepool, Trio 111

The Third Earl

Reaction score
Had a day out with Skipper Dave on Trio last Tuesday, weather was pleasant, sea conditions pleasant, small tide and a North/Northeast breeze.

Plenty of Mackerel to a good size, and some Cod, and Ling showing , with a smattering of other species which did not interest me.
I finished with 4 Cod to about 4-1/ 2 lbs, a 4lb Ling and about 16 big Mackerel,so the day was not wasted. I know the white fish were not that big but takeable, but it is early season and hoping that things will improve as the water clears and warms a little.

Just a couple of pics, not in the boat, but later at home.

IMG_8384.jpeg

IMG_8385.jpeg

Hot Smoked Mackerel, ideal for a salad.

The white fish are in the freezer .

Dave

Had a day out with Skipper Dave on Trio last Tuesday, weather was pleasant, sea conditions pleasant, small tide and a North/Northeast breeze.

Plenty of Mackerel to a good size, and some Cod, and Ling showing , with a smattering of other species which did not interest me.
I finished with 4 Cod to about 4-1/ 2 lbs, a 4lb Ling and about 16 big Mackerel,so the day was not wasted. I know the white fish were not that big but takeable, but it is early season and hoping that things will improve as the water clears and warms a little.

Just a couple of pics, not in the boat, but later at home.

View attachment 45716

View attachment 45717

Hot Smoked Mackerel, ideal for a salad.

The white fish are in the freezer .

Dave
Wow they look great. Love smoked fish

Nice report mate, good mixed bag as well. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice report Dave! Smoked Mackerel look lovely - I love 'em! 🎣🎣👍👍
Thought of getting a smoker but I need to be well enough to get out & catch the Mackerel first! 😁😁
Smoked Sardines are tasty too.
Mum used to eat a lot of that Yellow smoked Haddock stuff when I were a kid - always tasted awful to me.

Back