• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East HASTINGS

ROCK ROVER

Reaction score
any got any marks I can lure fish
I know rock of nor not interested in the pier

Hi mate, I am based in Hastings, to be honest I can’t think of many places I’d sling a lure, yet I am possibly the worlds worst sea lure angler, so that’s not a lot to go on! A lot of the marks are quite open over mixed ground or Sandy beaches, obviously there’s rock a nore, but you can follow the base of the east hill round Fairlight way, it’s known as a lure mark. I would avoid the right hand harbour arm (when facing the sea) this time of year as it will be infested with fluff flingers, unless you hit there at dawn? Other areas you could try would be along Pett Level mid tide would put you over rocky ground, low tide would be clean sand. If you look at my catch reports, you’ll see it’s potential, however I fish dirty bait! Otherwise, you could look further afield and head to Eastbourne/Seaford way (around the mouth of the river cookmere) or the rock ledges towards beachy head. There is an angler on YouTube that covers this area, but I can’t remember who he is! @Trampster will know I’m sure!
Have a chat with the lads in Hastings Angling Centre, they may point you right.

Lot of info thanks
Yes I will be fishing very early
I see there's a car park at rock a nore then a walk I'm guessing
Or is there somewhere to park up the top
And a track down

Hi mate, I am based in Hastings, to be honest I can’t think of many places I’d sling a lure, yet I am possibly the worlds worst sea lure angler, so that’s not a lot to go on! A lot of the marks are quite open over mixed ground or Sandy beaches, obviously there’s rock a nore, but you can follow the base of the east hill round Fairlight way, it’s known as a lure mark. I would avoid the right hand harbour arm (when facing the sea) this time of year as it will be infested with fluff flingers, unless you hit there at dawn? Other areas you could try would be along Pett Level mid tide would put you over rocky ground, low tide would be clean sand. If you look at my catch reports, you’ll see it’s potential, however I fish dirty bait! Otherwise, you could look further afield and head to Eastbourne/Seaford way (around the mouth of the river cookmere) or the rock ledges towards beachy head. There is an angler on YouTube that covers this area, but I can’t remember who he is! @Trampster will know I’m sure!
Have a chat with the lads in Hastings Angling Centre, they may point you right.

Yep, Matt, Saltwater Angler on Youtube. He's a nice guy and always replies to comments & questions. If you look at his Youtube 'About' page, he's also on Farcebook, Twatter & Instagram.

I'm not on any media sites
I see he lives on Hastings I will
Try and message him via his you tube site

I'm not on any media sites
I see he lives on Hastings I will
Try and message him via his you tube site
I've mentioned to Matt about joining up here, but a lot of the Youtube creators seem to avoid forums. No idea why.

One more question
Where is there free street parking near to
Rock a nor

You’ll be lucky mate, closest I can think of is up by the speed camera on old London road, or there’s a few residential spots too, I’ll try pop down and find a few street names over the weekend if it helps buddy, there are many pay and display car parks that I think are free overnight, but I’m not 100% sure. I’ll see if I can find something for you

I've mentioned to Matt about joining up here, but a lot of the Youtube creators seem to avoid forums. No idea why.
They don't gain anything that's why Tramps, sad but true... :(

Ian.

Good luck, and tight lines.... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice one Gary.
I don't know how it's fishing over the road from me so I'll probably give it a try Wednesday or Thursday, probably between west bay and st mildreds.

Hi Malc
Me and my mate had over 100+ bass 3wks ago in 1 wk at a well known mark in thanet
My biggest 70cm
I know the Margate boat was doing well a couple of weeks ago and they were close in.
My trouble is that I am limited to fishing from the prom from the mobility scooter these days but it's the getting out that matters more than the fish.

Back