• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Hayling 09/10

Emmcee75

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As the title suggests I decided to have a go at hayling island. Arrived round 11-30am to fish an hour or so up and a couple down just to see if anything was about. If yes then I'd stay til Sunday morning and if not I was going to make the drive elsewhere to fish overnight. The water had some colour to it still so was kind of hopeful of something.
Managed to set up in my favourite spot at eastoke corner so I was hopeful of something. As usual I had a scratching rod with a 2 hooked clipped rig with small hooks on one rod and loop rig with 1/0 hooks on the other. After 5mins of casting out the loop rig rod started to nod nicely and up the shingle came a little pup, blank saved. 20211009_130617.jpg
After taking this picture my phone decided to go from 90% battery to none, so sadly no more pics from this part of my session. So during the next hour or so I had another 4 pups of similar size. As the ebb started the species changed and I had a succession of black bream, 9 in total, biggest being 29cm and smallest was 23cm. I fished a total of 3hrs down and packed up to go and have some dinner before deciding to come back for an evening/night session.
Managed to charge my phone ready for the session. Sadly couldn't get back into my favoured groin due to day trippers so set up in the groin next door this time. Set up just as darkness fell, this time one rod with loop rig and the other a pulley pennel dropper with 3/0 hooks. After a while the loop rig recieved a bite and in came a very skinny pouting though it was 33cm. 20211009_211008.jpg
Sadly once again my phone decided to go from full battery to zero so no more pictures sadly as it turned in to a very busy session for me. A mixture of straps, silver eel, dogfish, more bream and couple more pups and a bass of 45cm. Although the bass was keeper size it was rather skinny so returned, I did keep the 3 biggest bream though as I'm getting quite partial to them. I fished on til just gone 4am, well my bait had ran out and the bites had also slowed by then. A long but busy session so more than happy with what I caught. The final tally was, 20211010_122121.jpg
Typically I'm writing this on my phone and battery seems fine, ?.

That’s a great result mate! My IPhone does the same thing! I find when it gets cold the battery goes to 1%, maybe that has something to do with it? Well done ?
I think you're right, especially in the evening as it was very damp and my phone was on my seat box for a while.
And thanks, it was a mad session. ?

Great report!

My phone does the same so I take a portable charger with me. They’re inexpensive and find that when the battery drops quickly it charges back up quickly too! Worth it for that one time that you catch a cracker and need a pic ;)

Great session mate, nice pics as well.

Ian.

Nice catch mate well done ???,my phone don't like the damp either !!!!!

Great report!

My phone does the same so I take a portable charger with me. They’re inexpensive and find that when the battery drops quickly it charges back up quickly too! Worth it for that one time that you catch a cracker and need a pic ;)
Just ordered one, relatively inexpensive as you say. And yes not so bad not taking pics of straps and dogs but something decent and I would have been a bit gutted.

Top dangling! Some nice fish there. And kudos for your stamina too. I'd have cried Uncle and tucked myself up in bed long before 4am so I take my hat off to you sir ??
I'm kind of used to it I guess. I've always night fished, used to be for carp but now sea so my body is used to little sleep. It's the drive home that's the problem, but a power nap in a lay-by soon has me recharged.

great report….great session…..can you tell me does the tackle shop on hayling sell worm ?

Back