• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Head torch

Got a pair of them, very good head lights, good running times as well. Flood and spot. I assume you are on about the standard HM65R, not the Shadowmaster version.

Ian.

Sorry Wolfie, can't help with the Fenix ones. I've just looked at it, and it looks impressive. I like the fact that, same as mine, it has an easily replacable battery so that you could carry a spare. I've got the previous version of this one & love it to bits!

There have been quite a few threads on head torches - It might be an idea to have a dig back through the previous posts. 👍👍

Last edited:
Morning
I’ve had my fenix hm65r for 2 years daily use with my job and fishing hasn’t let me down yet good battery life and keep it in the house not in the car when not in use
Nothing kills a battery more than cold !
Great spot beam mainly use it on flood 2 nd setting get a spare battery and you’re good to go
Brought another headlight recently as family pinch mine guess what ?
Same...!!
Gray

Last edited:
Other half uses one, very good lamps.
It's what I'll get when my current fenix lamp gives up.

I am thinking of buying a fenix HM65R head torch, does anyone on here use one,any advice would be helpful.
I’ve had one delivered last week. Seems decent. Much better than my beruit cheapy thing that eats batteries for breakfast

Thankyou everybody for your advice,I will probably go ahead and get one,will let you know how I get on with it, for your information Cfish, I will only use it when I have to, when walking I always shine the light on to the ground

Brilliant bit of kit ..great for camping .fishing and working on your car when it breaks down..
Personally I can't fault them..I needed a reliable source of light and this product definitely
Ticks all the boxes..

I used to use a Beruit thing. It uses 2 x 18650's. I would become a roaming lighthouse, with ~4 hours of battery life. (Using Torchys Sonoshines)
I'd have to change batteries mid session. I also carry spare torches just 'incase'.

I haven't used the Fenix yet, but I have burn tested it and I don't think I'll need to change the battery once on a session - And as a plus point, boats won't start drifting towards me 😂

Back