• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Helford Passage

The Third Earl

Reaction score
Hi all.
In 3 weeks time I will be staying in Helford for 7 days , I have boat fished from there before , but the fishing in the Helford River estuary is a new area for me. I really would like to target Bream, but really anything will do. Any hints, tips on locations, baits etc , would be very much appreciated . Not asking for exact locations but a pointer in the right direction would be very much appreciated .
I will be taking the usual gear, Bass and light surf rod , Lure rod and a few surface poppers and shads. I dont mind a bit of a walk if it is neccesary.

Thanks in advance.

Dave .

Hi all.
In 3 weeks time I will be staying in Helford for 7 days , I have boat fished from there before , but the fishing in the Helford River estuary is a new area for me. I really would like to target Bream, but really anything will do. Any hints, tips on locations, baits etc , would be very much appreciated . Not asking for exact locations but a pointer in the right direction would be very much appreciated .
I will be taking the usual gear, Bass and light surf rod , Lure rod and a few surface poppers and shads. I dont mind a bit of a walk if it is neccesary.

Thanks in advance.

Dave .
I wish I could offer some advice Dave, but never fished in Cornwall apart from Seaton beach (blanked).

Shame @Cfish and @Tow-rag aren't still about - they would have helped you out. Tight lines anyway. 🎣🎣👍👍

The locals are very precious about their marks, plus landowners do not like people roaming. My advice is to check out the footpaths and look to exploit the access they give to the creeks, but, even then you will probably get some posh moron try and move you on.

Boat or kayak opens up the whole system without the aggro. Lug and peeler are my favourite baits, but, be prepared to wade through voracious small schoolies.

Truly is one of my favourite places in the UK, enjoy yourself.

Back