• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Here I go again.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
This lure season hasn’t got off the most exciting of starts here in North Wales, with poor weather not making for the best of conditions :cry:. On a personal note, before this week I had only managed to fit in a couple of sessions during brief periods of calm, but both of these outings had resulted in blanks.

This week started off with even more strong winds :rolleyes: and Tuesday morning brought some pretty torrential rain too, but through the evening the skies cleared and winds were forecast to drop briefly. Seizing the chance to get out, and desperate to get my first bass of the year, I quickly hatched a plan to make the most of the opportunity, and by 7pm I was making my way along the shore to my chosen mark.

Despite the snow on the mountains 🥶, conditions were very pleasant in the late evening sunshine 😎 and I was feeling quite confident. Apart from a slight chop on the water, conditions were relatively calm too, with decent enough water clarity, so I stated my hunt off with an early season favourite lure of mine, the Ruf Manic in Bay White.

Despite the presence of diving terns, the first 30 minutes were very quiet so I switched to another of my most productive lures, the SF125 in Plasma Candy and after no more than half a dozen casts it was hit! 😮 The fight wasn’t anything to write home about and at 26cm the attacker was possibly one of the smallest bass I’ve ever caught on a lure 😄, but I wasn’t bothered in the slightest, I was off the mark at the third time of asking 🥳.
Bass 1 2024.jpg

After this great start things were quiet, with no more signs of life but I wasn’t particularly surprised, as I didn’t expect too much until nearer high water.

As it happened I was right and 2 hours later, despite a definite dip in temperatures, I was in again, this time better fish of 47cm which took a shine to the the yellow Patch 😊.
Bass 2 2024.jpg

This fish was followed 45 minutes later by bass number 3 of the evening, another fish of 47cm (y),
Bass 3 2024.jpg

before things went quiet again.

I gave it another couple of hours, as high tide came and went, but my sport was over for the night and I didn’t get another touch.

I finally called it quits just after midnight, one very happy bunny to finally get off the mark 😊.

Nice one mate 👌
Cheers mate (y).

It's looking like the weather is finally going to settle down this week, so let's hope sport will really kick off 🤞.

Back