• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Highs and very lows week

bananas

Reaction score
Well started the week off last Sunday on a high after fishing Exmouth for a few hours while she walked the dog, lots a minis came out, far too many Shanny's for my liking, but did have a huge Scorpion on the 2nd drop, plus got snapped off twice by something big, which I think was a Mullet as a diver was spearing them just a few feet away on the outside of the boulders and something with a grey body disappeared in the rocks after one snap off.
IMG_20220918_104754.jpg

Then the lows started, met up with John and Martyn to fish the Ferrybridge end of Chesil, with John the only one to snag a small Bass out for 8 hours fishing.
Then I tried up Minehead way and had another blank session, not a bite, I know the tides wasn't great last week, but thought might get one fish out.
So last night decided to have a couple hours down my local prom to use up some very sticky stinky rag, couple my mates was already there and pulling out Mackerel and Gars on floats and pouts and Pollocks on the light gear.
I had much the same as them from the bottom plus a few Wrasse as well that pulled back a bit.
When was fully dark I swapped to a jig head and a bigger bit a rag, dropped it down, it barely hit the bottom before the rod tip arched over and stayed there, bit of a tug out the weed and just managed to pull the fish up the wall and in the torch light, a lovely Shore Rockling hung there, my half hoped for target of the evening.
A few pics of the slug and back in the drink he went, that was the last fish out as we all decided to pack up and walk back to the cars, my walk was a little higher than the others :D :D .
IMG_20220924_202246.jpg

Finished off the week with a new spieces, well done , it’s been a tough week alright , one 40cm bass for me at ferrybridge, after 8 hours . Then I had another 4 hours up my local estuary for a blank . So tough alright.
Think I will go out with my toys this week good evening tides for lures

As usual, good report Bob. It sure seems a bit quiet on the Fishy front. ????

Well done on the scorp... They do go big from there... A crazy spot for them!
Shame about the poor trips but got your slug!... You must be over the moon ?

Well done on the scorp... They do go big from there... A crazy spot for them!
Shame about the poor trips but got your slug!... You must be over the moon ?
Was glad to get the slug, i seem to have a hard time targeting them and when i dont want them,they come along!!

Back