• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Holyhead Deeps - Spurdog and Tope - First Post Lockdown Trip

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
With restrictions a little bit lighter now, I headed out for my first post lockdown trip with Gethyn Owen aboard My Way 2. The boat has now moved back round to Holyhead for the spring/summer season. An early start so we could catch the best of the tide, we had a real good fun trip fishing Holyhead Deeps and also inshore for a few species too. Plenty of fish aboard including a new PB Spurdog of 17lbs as well as tope, as many pollack as you could shake a stick at, wrasse, whiting, loads of dogs and a couple of wrasse too. It was really quite something to finally be back out on the water after a very long winter. Looking forward to another trip soon (y)

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3431.jpeg

Nice fishing!!! Lol would advertise pollack instead of bleddy grey dogs, seriously why do people pay money to catch dogs and skate???????

Sounds a great trip afloat and looks like perfect conditions!
We're the Pollack of any size? Wouldn't mind having a go for them if/when I get over the island this year sometime.

With restrictions a little bit lighter now, I headed out for my first post lockdown trip with Gethyn Owen aboard My Way 2. The boat has now moved back round to Holyhead for the spring/summer season. An early start so we could catch the best of the tide, we had a real good fun trip fishing Holyhead Deeps and also inshore for a few species too. Plenty of fish aboard including a new PB Spurdog of 17lbs as well as tope, as many pollack as you could shake a stick at, wrasse, whiting, loads of dogs and a couple of wrasse too. It was really quite something to finally be back out on the water after a very long winter. Looking forward to another trip soon (y)

View attachment 8536

View attachment 8537
What were (if any) restrictions on boat?

Spoke to bloke you know across from where you used to live Monday, and he said differing numbers allowed in different locations nearby but not given any true guidance here.

Well done on a new pb spur dog?

brilliant day out

Well done on the P.B. Spurdog Mike, a great start to the new season (y)

Back