• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Hooks……

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Normally use Varivas for 99% of my rigs. Came across Tronixpro’s new range of hooks in a video on Facebook T24’s, T25’s etc. Look a little better quality than what was available from them in the past, anyone using them with any real feedback?

Tend to stick with Mustad, Cox & Rawle, Kamasan and Sakuma, no idea what the Tronixpro's would be like, only one way to find out though Kev...

Ian.

Yeah, it’s their circle hook I might give a go but it’s difficult going away from what your comfortable with.
I use Circles all the time, as I am a catch and release angler, they take a bit of getting used too, but no deep hooked fish anymore.. ;)

Ian.

I use Circles all the time, as I am a catch and release angler, they take a bit of getting used too, but no deep hooked fish anymore.. ;)

Ian.
I’ve used circles more over the last couple of years and especially when targeting hounds. Varivas is what I’m using either in a pulley pennel setup or dongle more recently.

i am now using these on my rig orders (pulleys, running up and overs and such like). very strong, hold their points and tempered enough so they do not snap or bend out like bendy wire :)

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4
The Tronix hooks and Mustads are remarkably similar 😜 so you can't go wrong. I love Cox & Rawl, Sakuma and a partridge if you can get the them.

I tend to use Mustad hooks, if worm as bait I use barbed beak ones.

I got a few packs of the newer Tronix hooks recently as a prize, big dog 2 and some similar pattern....sizes were a bit odd....way bigger than expected on the smallish sizes I ordered....a sz2 was like a 2/0!!....I'd say not as sharp as the top brands either.....but that's just the patterns I got, no idea on the circles 👍

I’ve used the circles a few times and seemed on and didn’t miss any more bites but same ol thing it’s a confidence thing I’m back on my verivas and Sakura circles. Was using the tronix in rough ol ground just to save my others and not worried in losing gear.

Back