• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Hounds don’t you love them !

charr

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Morning all
Had 3 short sessions on chesil hounds latest last night . Neap tide not good but I felt worth putting up with dogs and spiders
Had 1 and 2 previous sess so felt confident
Bait was crab/prawn squid cocktails on up and overs hit as far as I could to try and find some tide, around dark had a 4lber
then another similar size soon after
Just about to go and had a proper hit
locked into a much better fish this one
took off ...... in to my other line ...
F sake !!! So now fighting a angry hound and my other line in the dark on my own
Managed to get her in on the surf thumping
on the shingle twisted line from my other rod around the lead much easier to sort
than I imagined . Didn’t weigh her but 8/9lbs at a guess , as my title says there’s always a drama with them I do love them
Anyway got to go thanks for reading
Stay lucky
Gray

Attachments

• 3C728499-1070-423C-9403-91B7BD400D68.jpeg
    3C728499-1070-423C-9403-91B7BD400D68.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 16
  • B1F8968C-5661-4A03-9EFA-356BA9DD6B15.jpeg
    B1F8968C-5661-4A03-9EFA-356BA9DD6B15.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 94B5294B-12BF-4FC3-BA7B-CBE7AAA0380D.jpeg
    94B5294B-12BF-4FC3-BA7B-CBE7AAA0380D.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 15
Well done charr yep love a hound no fecking around just grab yer bait and fuck off lovely stuff ???

Thanks Guys
Probably going to have a couple more sessions on them and then on to try and find a ray. It’s becoming more difficult the last few years but I like a challenge
Let’s hope there’s a few around, best of luck to you all
Gray

We’ll done on the hounds!

That’s one thing we’re not short of on this coast and I might even be tempted with a local dabble at the weekend…

Good report & pics Gray! Nice Sharkey looking beastie! ??????

Nice catch & thanks for posting, was in 2 minds as to wether or not to head out after being weeded out last session plus neap tides. Read your post & decided to give it a go & managed a hound myself. Good info have used prawns before but never had much faith in them till now.

Nice catch & thanks for posting, was in 2 minds as to wether or not to head out after being weeded out last session plus neap tides. Read your post & decided to give it a go & managed a hound myself. Good info have used prawns before but never had much faith in them till now.
Morning
Glad you managed a hound and gave it a go, chesil fishes differently on each tide so
I’m not too bothered if I fish neaps but tide
flow is critical one for scent trail and for your rigs to fish properly. I usually fish grips for hounds but a plain lead will cover more
ground. Glad you caught on prawn had cod
and rays using them very underrated bait
and natural for chesil
Gray

Back