• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How far?

Six hours!? Is that total travel time?

Yes it is

The Bristol Channel has no attraction for me fishing in a chocolate brown water doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid
But I does seem to produce a better stamp of fish just look at si flys posts but long way for you to go for a few hrs fishing don’t listen to @Mr Fish he just wants to watch you from the hedge ???

From what I have read, yes we can go fishing, and with one other person not from your household. And we can travel for 'exercise' and fishing has been confirmed as permittable exercise. But as for how far you can travel, that is a matter for your own conscience. I did see it was advised to stay within your own county. All of us here seem to have a decent amount of common sense, and we all know that fishing is an ideal pastime with reference to Covid19, as you are out in the fresh air and can easily practise social distancing. But I think trips to Cornwall from London, or venturing up to Scotland after Skate may be frowned on! Stay safe out there. ??

From what I have read, yes we can go fishing, and with one other person not from your household. And we can travel for 'exercise' and fishing has been confirmed as permittable exercise. But as for how far you can travel, that is a matter for your own conscience. I did see it was advised to stay within your own county. All of us here seem to have a decent amount of common sense, and we all know that fishing is an ideal pastime with reference to Covid19, as you are out in the fresh air and can easily practise social distancing. But I think trips to Cornwall from London, or venturing up to Scotland after Skate may be frowned on! Stay safe out there. ??
Oh, I just put my skate gear in the car for tomorrow ???

Six hours!? Is that total travel time?

Yes it is

The Bristol Channel has no attraction for me fishing in a chocolate brown water doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid
It does very little for me, Mud , Strong tides and short fishing sessions put me off the place too, Id rather go to Chesil but that's not happening as I use public transport to get there .

Oh, I just put my skate gear in the car for tomorrow ???
Unpack it, Scottish government is considering putting travel restrictions into law and have already requested that nobody crosses the border in either direction unless its for the purposes of work or education.

Back