• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast HRF: Wrassing at the Venus Pool + Rouge Terrier

CKB

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I thought I'd share a few shots from yesterday, I left the cottage before dawn and did the long hike to the southern tip of little Sark, scouting a few spots I haven't seen before. The first spot was the Venus Pool and all the wrasse were mucky colours. Casts 2, 4 and 7 I hooked fish, there must be tons out there and they all love those pink jelly worms.

SmokySUnrise1.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg
BurningSKy1.jpg
IMG_0519.jpgIt started to rain and the wind whipped round, so I decided to take a quick look at Rouge Terrier, a south eastern mark with some railings for boaters. Upon getting there it was a nightmare to find somewhere to stand and all the railings had been bent or ripped out by storms. But, it was pretty much a fish per chuck there and completely shielded from the NW winds.

IMG_0527.jpg
Gradually the wrasse got bigger, particularly when I increased the lure size.
IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
I also picked up gars and bream on the pink jelly worm ....
IMG_0544.jpg
One of the Ballans got me an absolute treat whilst unhooking.
IMG_0541.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable session with the HRF rod, lots of sport. I probably should get after some bass next.

Excellent report, lovely coloured fish and smashing photos once again Chris - you're getting good at this!!:giggle:

Back