• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Huge Tope...not mine!

Neilos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
So a mate of mine was out at Selsey last week and caught this beast. He tried to weigh it and reckoned it got to 78lb before the scales broke. If this is right it would have been a new shore caught record as the existing one stands at 77lbs 3oz. There were a couple of others fishing with him but sadly no picture of the fish being weighed!IMG-20210927-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210927-WA0001.jpgIMG-20210927-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
78 lb is a massive shore fish shame no pics of him holding it but great catch hats off to him ?

So a mate of mine was out at Selsey last week and caught this beast. He tried to weigh it and reckoned it got to 78lb before the scales broke. If this is right it would have been a new shore caught record as the existing one stands at 77lbs 3oz. There were a couple of others fishing with him but sadly no picture of the fish being weighed!View attachment 15465View attachment 15466View attachment 15467
Was this SARAH
By any chance???
She's catches regularly throughout the year, but doesn't often post.

That's a proper lump. If she is o\/er 78lb she will go a lot hea\/ier than that by spring when she's ready to pup. It's a good looking fish, a shame there is no real context to the pics

So a mate of mine was out at Selsey last week and caught this beast. He tried to weigh it and reckoned it got to 78lb before the scales broke. If this is right it would have been a new shore caught record as the existing one stands at 77lbs 3oz. There were a couple of others fishing with him but sadly no picture of the fish being weighed!View attachment 15465View attachment 15466View attachment 15467
if that bottle is an indication of its size i would say its more like 30lb max.
i caught a 76lb blue years ago and it was almost 6ft long.

Back