• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Hunt for New Grounds

DJDBazzer

Reaction score
Hi all.
I couldn't decide where to go yesterday so messaged a few mates and decided to head to Sand Point.
I'd never fished there before but knew a little about the mark.
I was set up around midday and launched a variety of baits in to the distance.
It was quite rough on arrival so I fancied my chances.
It was within 30 minutes that I got my first bite of the day. Unfortunately, I lost the fish close in, a thorneback ray of 8-10lbs.
As the sea levels rose, I found myself clambering up the cliff until I was fishing on top of the headland, but not before I managed to wangle out a small thorneback ray.
I had to wait a couple of hours for another bite, this resulted in another thorneback of similar size to the first.
The temperature dropped as sunset so I decided to call it a day.
2 1/2 rays in daylight, I am definitely not complaining.
Here's the video, if anyone wants to see me fall in a rock pool!!!!

Snapshot_91.PNG

Good spot that DJD.....should still be some bass around and hopefully a unicorn soon(y)(y)(y)
That tide run around the point is impressive on a spring. You should also have a look at the north side, by that I mean the knuckles, middlehope and the MOD especially

Cheers

Musky

Last edited:
Nice one Bazzer, lovely Thornie, great pic and vid.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Good spot that DJD.....should still be some bass around and hopefully a unicorn soon(y)(y)(y)
That tide run around the point is impressive on a spring. You should also have a look at the north side, by that I mean the knuckles, middlehope and the MOD especially

Cheers

Musky

I can imagine it kicks right up on a spring! Will check those marks out for sure. Drive back was only 2hr 15m so not too bad.
Cheers

Did you get your foot and mouth jab before travelling Dave? 😳

I didn't, but I made sure I stayed away from the locals :ROFLMAO:

Nice one Bazzer, lovely Thornie, great pic and vid.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Cheers mate

Nice one Dave! Will look forward to the video when I have a few spare minutes. 🎣🎣👍👍

Cheers

Musky
Wise words, had some nice cod from those marks, although that was some years back. Good for bass and smoothies now I believe.

Nice one Dave! Will look forward to the video when I have a few spare minutes. 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice pair of thornys bud 👍

Cheers lads

Well done 👍.....if you ever want to venture further over to the reefs give me a shout....happy to sort out a mk for ya 👍

Thanks Si, that would be amazing! I will hit you up next time. Many thanks

Wise words, had some nice cod from those marks, although that was some years back. Good for bass and smoothies now I believe.

Spoilt for choice

If you do make it back .. let me know I'd be glad to join you!!!

Musky

I'd love that mate, definitely!

Super stuff mate. The spots you get to, always look amazing.

Cheers matie! About time you invest in an off road trolley I reckon ;) Probably be safer than climbing roofs and trees haha

Cheers lads

Thanks Si, that would be amazing! I will hit you up next time. Many thanks

Spoilt for choice

I'd love that mate, definitely!

Cheers matie! About time you invest in an off road trolley I reckon ;) Probably be safer than climbing roofs and trees haha
I have been looking at DIY tracks!

Back