• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East I didn't blank

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I ventured out last night at 8pm my destination was the bay at blackhall rocks 5 mins walk for me.
This got knocked on the head straight away as I got to the top of the beach banks and looked down the sea was massive and the roar from it was deafining. So I trudge back to the car and decided on Middleton pier was about the only place that would be safe and fishable.
I got there for 8.45 and fished till 2am, as I walked on two lads were walking off not a good sign when I asked them if anything was bean caught they replied the lads on the end had caught a decent flattie ☹️.
I got to the end the sea was perfect big lazy swells coming straight on the the end of the pier not over the wind was no where near as predicted much stronger at a guess I would of said 30s but still fishable. My first cast after 5 mins I had a cracking bite it was banging like a shit house door in a force ten gale and I missed it 😲. The three lads on the end seen this and packed up😲 was it something I said? nope they'd been out since 2pm and not caught much and called it a day. So I had the end of the pier all to myselfIMG20221203213835.jpg I started putting out some big baits of cart and squid wraps IMG20221203231818.jpgIMG20221204002541.jpg and they weren't getting touched so decided to use lug tipped with squidIMG20221203233028.jpg which resulted in a whiting fest. I had about 15 all together and I kept 1 for the dog which was gut hooked the biggest I had was 38 cm the one I kept was 34 cmIMG20221203232046.jpg still no cod about or I'm doing something wrong🤔. I had a drive down the beach tops this morning and took a few pics of the sea at horden it's still big and going to get bigger as the week goes on.IMG20221204103852.jpgIMG20221204103850.jpgSo till my next adventure probably next weekend 😉👍

There's been some really good cod caught further north from Newcastle upwards on the coast just not down this way☹️. I'd rather stick to the beaches I know and when to fish them and how to fish them which has worked for me over the last 30 years, just the the last 10 years depletion of the codling stocks up here seem to be getting worse every year ☹️ and that's not just my opinion loads of local anglers are saying the same thing.

I ventured out last night at 8pm my destination was the bay at blackhall rocks 5 mins walk for me.
This got knocked on the head straight away as I got to the top of the beach banks and looked down the sea was massive and the roar from it was deafining. So I trudge back to the car and decided on Middleton pier was about the only place that would be safe and fishable.
I got there for 8.45 and fished till 2am, as I walked on two lads were walking off not a good sign when I asked them if anything was bean caught they replied the lads on the end had caught a decent flattie ☹️.
I got to the end the sea was perfect big lazy swells coming straight on the the end of the pier not over the wind was no where near as predicted much stronger at a guess I would of said 30s but still fishable. My first cast after 5 mins I had a cracking bite it was banging like a shit house door in a force ten gale and I missed it 😲. The three lads on the end seen this and packed up😲 was it something I said? nope they'd been out since 2pm and not caught much and called it a day. So I had the end of the pier all to myselfView attachment 36332 I started putting out some big baits of cart and squid wraps View attachment 36333View attachment 36329 and they weren't getting touched so decided to use lug tipped with squidView attachment 36330 which resulted in a whiting fest. I had about 15 all together and I kept 1 for the dog which was gut hooked the biggest I had was 38 cm the one I kept was 34 cmView attachment 36331 still no cod about or I'm doing something wrong🤔. I had a drive down the beach tops this morning and took a few pics of the sea at horden it's still big and going to get bigger as the week goes on.View attachment 36334View attachment 36335So till my next adventure probably next weekend 😉👍
Great pictures and report mate , whiting are ok if big enough to eat

Great report & photos Stevie - shame no Coddies but you did well on the Tings! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back