• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Ian Golds Tripods.

I brought a salt a few years ago and although a little heavy is very well made and should last years. A similar price to Ian Golds but more robust.

I was lucky enough to get a Shakespeare Salt 2nd hand as new for £30 so no clue about Ian Golds. I know folks have said they are hard to find. Salt is a bleddy good tripod, if a little heavy, but you aren't gonna get strength without a bit of weight.

I was lucky enough to get a Shakespeare Salt 2nd hand as new for £30 so no clue about Ian Golds. I know folks have said they are hard to find. Salt is a bleddy good tripod, if a little heavy, but you aren't gonna get strength without a bit of weight.
The Golds are very good, last for years and also have the benefit of being light.
The only bits that can break down are the few plastic parts, but you can buy replacements and it’s not as if they break every couple of years.

Where Mike and I live, most of our fishing is pretty mobile so we don’t want to be going on long hikes with the heavier tripods if we can avoid it!

apparently, there container loads of ian golds stuff sat at the port, awaiting clearance, and has been for months

thats what i was informed last week whilst on the hunt for a 7ft tripod!!

sticking with me shakey salt for now by the looks of it, but saying that, ive yet to have it on its arse like ive seen many times with lightweight ones :)

Back