• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Info needed

Smudger

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I will be in blue anchor bay for1 week from30th October any advice on tackle baits etc would be most appreciatedoff
thanks Smudger

Fresh lug will give you a chance of codling if they are about, with mackerel strip or squid good for most things, although strap conger and dogfish the most likely.
Tides are building as the week goes on, with high coming late afternoon so you will be able to get some fishing in darkness, which always produces best. The wall is easy fishing but if you go down onto the beach in front of the chalets you can get better access.
If you are able to, walk along to just past the water tower and fish out onto broken ground for better fishing.
You will need 5oz gripper leads to hold bottom but there are no snags, other than a few bigger stones.

Fresh lug will give you a chance of codling if they are about, with mackerel strip or squid good for most things, although strap conger and dogfish the most likely.
Tides are building as the week goes on, with high coming late afternoon so you will be able to get some fishing in darkness, which always produces best. The wall is easy fishing but if you go down onto the beach in front of the chalets you can get better access.
If you are able to, walk along to just past the water tower and fish out onto broken ground for better fishing.
You will need 5oz gripper leads to hold bottom but there are no snags, other than a few bigger stones.
Thanks that gives me a chance

Thanks for the into that gives me a chance
Forgot to say, Steve in West Coast Tackle in Watchet is really friendly and a mine of information, as well as a good supplier of fresh bait, although you will probably need to book ahead if you wanted fresh worm.

Brings back memories of holiday being dropped off alone on Watchet harbour wall aged about 10 with a boat rod and scraps I asked for at the fish monger place ...
Put on bit of salmon frame and had a bloody great big conger to me at the time people had to help me get it up the wall whilst they were struggling on decent bait lol

Back