• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

N. Ireland Ireland catch reports

Wolf

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I see we are still not getting amy catch reports from Ireland surely this forum has members there

I see we are still not getting amy catch reports from Ireland surely this forum has members there
Not all Anglers belong to Forums like this, more and more use Faceache...:rolleyes:

Ian.

Mid-Down as off the end of August-sept 7th was brilliant. coalfish over the 2lb mark and ballan wrasse round about 1 1/2lb but I was using cut raw king prawn as I'd forgot to get bait. Took the coalfish on the big gear, took the wrasse on a telescopic LRF rod all from the pier. I've another fishing holiday same area next week and I'm very confident the fish will be bigger and hungrier.

The weather was brilliant except for the first 2 days where it rained consistently, after that calm water barely any wind and I hit the rocks pier surf and boat. Side note, boat total game changer if you want peace. Lrf total game changer, in lidls getting the prawns I bought a waterproof back pack as well. Holds 3 kg which suited me for the telescopic LRF kit a tackle box first aid and libations. Forget waiting for the tide, I wasn't weighed down with 10 and 14 foot rods plus big ass tackle box seat. Absolute bliss way out head off the rocks drifting prawn stopped off with limpet in and around the gulleys.

Tide coming in at a lick back pack on and move to safer ground, no records broke no pollock or kelp cod but I did okay.

Sounds like you had a good time👍 I'm sure those Wrasse fought well on the light gear.

Fedstar....
Being honest I didn't even know I had a wrasse on, I felt a slight thud guessed it was just weed and lifted the rod but there was no give in whatever it was so reeled in felt movement pumped/drew the rod and knew then it wasn't mackerel or a coalfish. I had a circle hook tied on didn't need to unhook it after I landed it by hand as no way could the rod take the strain. Note to self, wrasse really like raw prawn and I should get a landing net.

No pics of the wrasse, while I went for my phone to get a pic the wrasse had other ideas and flopped itself back into the water. Best pic I have is a coalfish on the scales, I can't validate the accuracy of the scales but on the tape it was just under 40cm.

Please excuse the state of the fish, it was hooked through the eye so had to give it a quick death with a heavy knife behind it's eyes then cut the hook from it's jaw and eye socket. It made a decent slab of bait now in the freezer, annoyed at myself I had to kill it but it didn't go to waste. Date and time: 6/9/23 1:04 pm, would have caught more but wife was struggling in the sun thats how hot it was, mid 70's-80 degrees.

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 21
Good one mate, a beast indeed.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Just a quicky🤪

Anyone still catching Mackerel? Last two trips out I have caught a single Mackerel both times, first was a wee Joey and yesterday there I got one that is eatable, it's feckin December 😄 Both took the spinner right in under my feet along the edge of a weed bed.

I have read about pockets of warmer water that float about with warmer water species sorta trapped within.

Still it's a weird one for me.
Tight lines chaps👍

Mark...

Just a quicky🤪

Anyone still catching Mackerel? Last two trips out I have caught a single Mackerel both times, first was a wee Joey and yesterday there I got one that is eatable, it's feckin December 😄 Both took the spinner right in under my feet along the edge of a weed bed.

I have read about pockets of warmer water that float about with warmer water species sorta trapped within.

Still it's a weird one for me.
Tight lines chaps👍

Mark...
Not rare any more mate, just weather dependent. If the is ok for baitfish the mackerel are there

Okey doke VB, 😎
Wonder why there was not more? I do like eating the oul Mackerel though, so would not mind a bucket full lol

Mark...

PS, that's the Mackerel the next day, it's been in the bait freezer overnight.👍

Attachments

• IMG_20231217_114008.jpg
    IMG_20231217_114008.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
In talks, the expert mediates between yourself and the interested purchaser's contact. They might lead you toward reliable professionals, whether they in house evaluation or money counsel. When agreements are settled, this professional will certainly coordinate a property assessment and talk with you on likely fixes, determining who actually covers the monetary duty, whether you or the interested buyer.
Penis puller

Back