• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Its like part of my sole was missing.

Goateeblank

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Another after hours session on Boscombe Pier last night. Starting at 9pm.

As usual lots of Herberts there, as well as some new club members. They were nice guys. Enthusiastic, a bit inexperienced, but considerate of others and happy with a bit of advice.

Had my first fish, a sole around 10. My main targets were dab, brill and any rays for my hunt.

11 came and security cleared the Herberts off. It is like a second start to the session as there is more room and angles for casting.

This coincided with my first double shot of sole. I had no idea what was on the line as double fish send confused signals back down the line!
20230702_224828.jpg
I had swapped one 10 ft light rod for a bigger one with big baits and sent it out. This rod, as was the same with others trying the same thing, did nothing. One of the guys had a strap, but that was it.

I had another two sole making 5 before another double shot came in. This time another sole and a gilt head bream. Pleased with the gilt as it was not expected, and one for my hunt. The last one added was a black bream.
20230703_194134.jpg
It went quiet and we decided to pack up at 2.30am, which was a cue for the remainders to do the same. Reeled in and felt a fish on. It was this sole (no 7) with a lump missing!
20230703_194736.jpg
In general the fishing was quiet, even if l found a sole sweet spot! If l can get a new species in a session l am more than happy, so l was not disappointed.

Haddock had a pretty quiet session as did the others there. Only fish of note caught by others were two bass one 3.5lb and another of 5lb.

Another late one getting to bed around 4am.

Good luck if you are out.

Good report & photos Goatee - you did well with the Sole and another chalk mark for your species hunt. 🎣🎣👍👍
That last Sole sure looks like something has had a chomp at it - Seal maybe? Surprised it was still alive.

Nice mixed bag again Goatee, great pics as well. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Good report & photos Goatee - you did well with the Sole and another chalk mark for your species hunt. 🎣🎣👍👍
That last Sole sure looks like something has had a chomp at it - Seal maybe? Surprised it was still alive.
It was bitten, but healed and seemed quite healthy.

Back