• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

I've worn these socks for three days now.

Ianpick

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
It was still dark when I decided to get out of bed this morning. A bit of a fitful night meant I was wide awake from 4.45,knowing there was little chance of nodding off again. Not wishing to disturb her ladyship or the dogs I fumbled around on the floor trying to find the clothes I'd dumped there the night before so I could get up and make tea.
I'd arranged a trip with my fishing mate Mike from about 9am onwards so I had plenty of time to get stuff sorted before leaving.
Tea made I sat down on my sofa in the front room and the next thing I knew I was being woken at 7.45 by her ladyship getting ready for a busy day at the office.
Not really much of a problem as I'd loaded everything but bait into the car the night before, so plenty of time for tea and toast then off down the road to Yarmouth.
The sea was as flat as a flat thing on exiting past the pier so a blast along the coast for 15 minutes or so saw us anchoring in 26 feet of water about a quarter of a mile or so off the shore just west of the "Tank Ramp".
We'd had a look at a hole, 70' deep, close by but the tide was so fierce it was just not doable so moved closer in.
It turned out to be a good choice, as the first drop found a keeper bream, hungry for a squid strip on a size four nailed to the bottom.
Fishing was steady for the next couple of hours. Bream, smoothies and doggies until the tide turned and 8 ounces wouldn't hold bottom.
The wind had picked up by mid-day and it was a bumpy ride back into the harbour, but it was exactly what the forecast had said it would do so we were prepared for a slower drive back.
I very rarely leave my dogs on their own for more than half an hour or so, so 4 hours was a test for them and me.
When I got home they had dealt with the situation really well and apart from a small collection of shoes in the middle of the front room carpet nothing dramatic to tell.
Milly, the pup, now 13 months old, was especially pleased to see me, Daisy the Patterdale, being 14 years is a bit more laid back these days.
Milly's favourite toy is a pair of my old socks, screwed up in a ball and stuffed one inside the other, the smellier the better. So three days of wear is a real hit.
After being left alone for so long I think she deserves the ones I'm wearing.

Attachments

• 20230930_211806.jpg
    20230930_211806.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 18
Nice report Ian! At least you weren't in the 'Doghouse' when you got home! 🎣🎣👍👍

I change mine daily.

Back