• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Kirkcudbright bay

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
High tide was 11.06pm so collected the mate on the way to the mark and got there just the back of 8pm.
Took the two Vercelli's for a shot last night as I hadn't had them out fishing in a while. Bait was mackerel, razorfish, squid and rainbow trout.
Mate was on mackerel. Rigs were a two hook flapper on one and a one up one down on the other.
Didn't expect much else other than doggies. Mate was first in with a dog and I dropped on right at the bottom of the rocks. He is in again, then another two. I am still blznking until one rods goes, doggy, then just as I am unhooking it, second one goes. The comeback is on. Well it was briefly, he gets number 5 and I am getting bites but not connecting with them.
A wee surprise for me next a wee male thornback about 4lb. Then back to missing bites. Mate picks up doggy number six then a wee male thornie about 3lb. I manage a last doggy and it goes quiet. We finish about 1am.
Me three dogs and a thornie, mate six dogs and a thornie snd a good evening had down the rocks.
My last doggy and the thornie both taken on the rainbow trout.
A bit tired this morning though.

Back