• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Knackered!

Cfish

Reaction score
Been out four days in a row at silly aclock on the boat,a few macky starting to show,loads of launce!!! I had 3 Pollack around 4lb this morning,had a huge lobster around 6lb in the pot! She was "berried" so v notched her and let her go. Plenty of spider crabs cuttles are being a pain when livebaiting eels for pollack/bass! Mate had a 6lb 4oz Balkan wrasse amongst the bleddy cuckoo's!

Been out four days in a row at silly aclock on the boat,a few macky starting to show,loads of launce!!! I had 3 Pollack around 4lb this morning,had a huge lobster around 6lb in the pot! She was "berried" so v notched her and let her go. Plenty of spider crabs cuttles are being a pain when livebaiting eels for pollack/bass! Mate had a 6lb 4oz Balkan wrasse amongst the bleddy cuckoo's!
Will try and get some piccys tomorow morning of hauling traditional wicker/withy/willow pots!

Nice to be kept busy on the boat with such an interesting variety of species.
Heading down to Luce Bay tomorrow hoping to emulate some of your success if the wind allows the boat to be used...

Nice one. Well done on releasing Mrs pinchy.?

Well done C, sounds a few nice Pollock there for the frying pan, cracker of a lobster, wonder how old that would be.

Nice one Tommo! Folk were aware of your absence, but I'd hoped it was just because you were busy! ?? (y)(y)

Well done on the fish.
Can I ask, what does "v notched" mean regarding the lobster?

A few Cornish king crabs today and a few macky then we got the hell out of dodge east wind, nearly buried the boats by nose in!

Back