• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast L.O.S.2

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Decided on another shortish session at Lee today, arrived on the beach at about 15.00, high tide was at 17.05, supposed to be a moderate breeze, hmm, bit more than that i would say, fair size waves crashing on the shore, SW wind, so bit of a swell. I knew straight away weed was going to be a real problem, but soldiered on. Got the first rod sorted with a 3/0 up and over and Sandeel and Black lug cocktail, whacked that out. Set second rod up with a two hook clipped flapper, double shot of Black Lug, wacked that out, no sooner had i put the rod on the tripod, big pull down, grabbed the rod, line was being taken swiftly, adjusted the drag an eased back with the rod, something substantial was on the end, pulling like hell, about two or three minutes later i could see it was a large Smoothie, still giving a good account of itself, got it the shoreline, still thrashing about, called to Karen to come and grab my rod so i could get hold of a very large Smoothie, too late, fecking thing gave one more thrash and off it went, gutted, would have easily gone double figures. The flapper rig was only 1/0, so probably why it managed to free itself. :mad:

From then till about 20.00 nothing, not a sniff, bloody weed making it a real chore, but still nice to be out again. Thanks for looking.

Tight lines all.

Ian.

20230807_190336.jpg20230807_171119.jpg20230807_172209.jpg20230807_172244.jpg20230807_172316.jpg

Nice write up & photos Ian. Shame that Hound escaped. 🎣🎣👍👍

Thanks guys, i was absolutely gutted, been a long time since i hooked anything substantial, but it wasn't to be i suppose. Still good to be out though. (y)

Ian.

not much worse than losing a big fish, you'll just have to land the next to start feeling better!
You are right about that dodders.

Ian.

Shame about lost hound I Rather be Sitting on the Beach than Thinking about it than not going out at all👍

Thanks guys. As i have said before, i just love fishing, and catch or not it doesn't matter, i am on the beach with my partner Karen and our wingman Molly...Cant beat it in my opinion. Tight lines all. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Thanks bananas, yes at least it was a hook up, better than nothing. :)

Ian.

Looks like a decent afternoon on the beach anyway, lost smoothie or not. I like to see family and attending dog pictures.
Thanks Goatee, yes i just love fishing, catch or not, very relaxing. Karen my partner always comes with me, reads a book, and our little Molly comes along as well.

Ian.

Back