• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast L.O.S

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Took the new Match Pro Mk2's for an outing today, went to L.O.S, just past the angling club, only a smallish tide, fished from 4.30 till about 9.00, used a 2/0 up n over on one rod, with squid and sandeel wraps, and size 1 clipped flappers with black lug on the other. Water was quite brown, and a fresh w/sw wind, using 5oz grippers struggled to get 80 yards. Weed was a pain, and the baits were coming back untouched, not even the crabs were interested. But a pleasant session nevertheless even if it was a blank. :)

The Match Pro Mk2's are very nice rods, even though they didn't get a proper workout, with the conditions, and just off the ground casts, the feedback from the rods told me they will put a lead a long way in better conditions. Had to have the 7HT Mag ST's on max mags too. 🎣🎣

Thanks for looking. :)

Ian.

LOS 1.jpgLOS 2.jpgLOS 4.jpgLOS 5.jpgLOS 6.jpgLOS 3.jpgLOS 7.jpgLOS 8.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to know they talk to you when you're fishing on your own.They do look the part with the STs.(y)
Not on my own, Karen my partner was taking the pics...:)

Ian.

Does she steal fish fight hounds and nail bait stealing dogs like my twat 😂
Lol, no Molly couldn't be more laid back, takes no interest in fish, she is used to me blanking. :D But she will let bait stealing mutts know to feck off. ;)

Ian.

Nice report Ian and great photos. Shame no Fish but better luck next time. 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice report Ian and great photos. Shame no Fish but better luck next time. 🎣🎣👍👍
With me it's not about catching Tramps, just being on the beach trying is a real pleasure, with Karen and our little Molly, lovely. :)

Ian.

Took the new Match Pro Mk2's for an outing today, went to L.O.S, just past the angling club, only a smallish tide, fished from 4.30 till about 9.00, used a 2/0 up n over on one rod, with squid and sandeel wraps, and size 1 clipped flappers with black lug on the other. Water was quite brown, and a fresh w/sw wind, using 5oz grippers struggled to get 80 yards. Weed was a pain, and the baits were coming back untouched, not even the crabs were interested. But a pleasant session nevertheless even if it was a blank. :)

The Match Pro Mk2's are very nice rods, even though they didn't get a proper workout, with the conditions, and just off the ground casts, the feedback from the rods told me they will put a lead a long way in better conditions. Had to have the 7HT Mag ST's on max mags too. 🎣🎣

Thanks for looking. :)

Ian.

View attachment 47140View attachment 47141View attachment 47142View attachment 47143View attachment 47144View attachment 47145View attachment 47146View attachment 47147
Looking good there ian

Thanks Mike. How are things with you mate ?. And how is your wife now ?.

Ian.
All is getting much much better, she’s getting stronger every day, and I’m back in work now , and I’m seriously considering going back to fishing probably give it a go next week

Back