• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Lancing Plaice Sunday 28th Feb

Tommy Devorty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After seeing a lot of Plaice come up at Seaford and Brighton beaches I thought I'd have a go as the conditions were pretty good over the weekend, I knew the above mentioned beaches would be heaving with anglers and I wanted to take my two youngest kids with me for the day to let them burn off some energy so I opted for one of old favourite beaches at the Lancing end of Widewater ...

Was also the second trip out since picking up my new pair of Century Super Match Graphex rods from Littlehampton Angling earlier in the week, fished two hours up until high around midday and two hours down with a clipped long up & over on one rod and shorter snood 1 up 1 down flapper on the other, ended up with a few with the biggest going 36cm, not huge but target achieved and all fish coming on the flapper ...

A nice enjoyable few hours in the sun, as for the rods I would say they are the perfect beach rod for Sussex beaches, I've owned in the past and still own some rods by Zipplex, AFAW, Conoflex, Diawa and other Century's and have never had a rod I've loved so much the first time I fished with it! ... Century have nailed it with this Graphex model ???IMG_20210301_062909_780.jpgIMG_20210301_063943_460.jpgIMG_20210301_062909_782.jpg

Glad your pleased with the rods Tommy,target achieved as well and a family bond day too, doesn`t get much better,i have been tempted to get a pair but i`ll stick to my ttsmld`s for the clean beaches over here,strange seeing that beach as the last time i fished it was in 1978 when i was on a bricklaying refresher course at the college,nice one bud...Alan

Back