• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Last 3 trips

Si-fly

Reaction score
I'll start with the 2nd session as all I can say was I had a nice catch up with Andy, and didn't lose any gear!

Right, the other 2 sessions were local and very small tides, not the best tbh, so I picked an easy Mk.

Both sessions were similar, 1 rod out for flat rats the 2nd for cod, or anything that fancied worm or crab!

Both were short sessions with the hr or so of ebb basically dead on both, bar 1 tiny strap.

Now the first 40 mins of flood was a different story and the squid rod went crazy, over the 2 trips these short periods produced 13 thornbacks mostly 8-9+, after which I put crab/worm on both rods and had a rest!.... Things then died with just a few eels to 14 ish.

I tried hard but couldn't find a cod.... I'll have another go on the bigger tides hopefully.

Cheers si.

Ps.... When I say crazy it went like this..... Reel screeeams. .. Land a rat. Quickly bang out a spare baited rig and start to unhook first ray, 2nd rod goes!.... Just landing that 1st rod screams again... 3rd landed!.... Unhook return, replace hooks and repeat... more rays!

IMG_20201122_193856~2_resize_75.jpgIMG_20201125_215354_resize_29.jpgIMG_20201125_210203_resize_18.jpg

I'll start with the 2nd session as all I can say was I had a nice catch up with Andy, and didn't lose any gear!

Right, the other 2 sessions were local and very small tides, not the best tbh, so I picked an easy Mk.

Both sessions were similar, 1 rod out for flat rats the 2nd for cod, or anything that fancied worm or crab!

Both were short sessions with the hr or so of ebb basically dead on both, bar 1 tiny strap.

Now the first 40 mins of flood was a different story and the squid rod went crazy, over the 2 trips these short periods produced 13 thornbacks mostly 8-9+, after which I put crab/worm on both rods and had a rest!.... Things then died with just a few eels to 14 ish.

I tried hard but couldn't find a cod.... I'll have another go on the bigger tides hopefully.

Cheers si.

Ps.... When I say crazy it went like this..... Reel screeeams. .. Land a rat. Quickly bang out a spare baited rig and start to unhook first ray, 2nd rod goes!.... Just landing that 1st rod screams again... 3rd landed!.... Unhook return, replace hooks and repeat... more rays!

View attachment 1737View attachment 1738View attachment 1740
Well done si a busy session for you and exhausting by the sound of it....
Shame that mark didn't fish AGAIN for you,I'll make up for it honestly ?? think of it as a practice sesh
All the best si

Cheers lads, had another short trip, nasty NE wind and foggy.... Bite less first 2.75 hrs then found some rays. Still no cod, but in the conditions and with lots of lads struggling I was happy with 5 nice rays to 8+

Def gone quiet with this cold NE wind ☹️.... Hope it warms up a bit soon!

Cheers si. IMG_20201128_130917~2_resize_27.jpgIMG_20201128_135812~2_resize_41.jpg

SI, you really need Rockhopper or myself to give you some pointers on the photography. You need the fish to be covered in mud and loads more shadows.

Nice one mate. ?

TCH
I must admit hopps some of the pics we used to send si were let's say astonishing..I will try and find an example ?

???? crikey I was hoping you had deleted those si..that was the usual hopper snapshot quality

Back