• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Last couple of sessions.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
With conditions last Thursday too calm for another beach session, I decided to fit in a sneaky recce at the venue the upcoming match on Saturday instead ?.
Sadly though, it didn't look too promising and with no sign of the hoped for rays, I could only manage half a dozen dogs and a couple of whiting ?.

2 nights later and things weren't much better for me, but I did finally find a solitary and unusually marked thornback to go with my 5 whiting, for a bag weight of 2.72kg.
Thornback 5th March 2022.jpg

Unfortunately for me, I was fishing next to Goldenb****s and as usual he was on fire ?.

For the first 3 hours of the match, he caught a ray on every single cast ? and though the majority were under the 1kg minimum size, they weren't all small and he still built up a sizeable bag. When it was all over and done with his 5 rays, along with a single dog and a whiting added up to a cracking 9.33kg, to give him a convincing match win ?.

After winning the first match of the year, my measly effort was only good enough for 4th place this time and I was soundly beaten by Gwion, who caught a huss, a ray, a doggie and 3 whiting for 6.78kg and Ady with the biggest ray of the match, a dog and a whiting for 3.78kg.

It wasn't all bad though and with 4 of the lads finishing below me I at least managed to hold onto second place in the overall league, albeit a distant 11 points behind Steve already.

Last edited:
Well done Andy, good result (y)

Cheers all (y).

After a good start to 2022 things seem to be slowing down a bit at the moment, and a visit to a nearby mark last Thursday night produced nothing but doggies, typical really when I didn't see hide nor hair of one in the match :rolleyes:.

It's only a lull though and any time now things will kick off again, when spring proper arrives ☀️?:giggle:.

Back