• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Last couple of trips - Southbourne and Chapmans Pool

DJDBazzer

Reaction score
Hi all.

Snuck in a couple of trips these last few weeks.

Headed to Southbourne last weekend to target sole. Managed to wangle out a small plaice before sunset. After dark, 3 people decided to set up in the same beach section as me. Pissed off, I decided to have another couple of chucks and head home. This resulted in 2 sole around the 1 to 1 1/2lb mark.

Last night I decided to head to a mark that I have been wanting to fish for a long time. The walk was sweaty and really eerie. I could hear foxes screaming and stags grunting, it was a little unnerving on my own.
Low tide on neaps has been quite productive in the past so I was quietly optimistic. I was fishing a clean patch in between 2 reefs, and with some small rollers sweeping in to my left, it looked absolutely prime for a bass.
I proceeded to launch double squid baits in to the chop.
It was only a few minutes sat in darkness before my ratchet scared me to death. I switched on my headtorch and knew instantly that the fish was hooked. I eventually pulled the fish to safety and was buzzing to see a 13lb 2oz huss makes it way up the slope infront of me. It wasn't a PB, but a massive fish for this neck of the woods.
I carried on until 00:30, losing another huss and what I believe to have been a half decent bass. What a mark, with massive potential. Just a shame about the walk!!!!!!! Looking forward to next time.

IMG-20210925-WA0010.jpg

Excuse the shocking selfie.

Oh and I've broken my SD card reader...

20211001_221011.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all.

Snuck in a couple of trips these last few weeks.

Headed to Southbourne last weekend to target sole. Managed to wangle out a small plaice before sunset. After dark, 3 people decided to set up in the same beach section as me. Pissed off, I decided to have another couple of chucks and head home. This resulted in 2 sole around the 1 to 1 1/2lb mark.

Last night I decided to head to a mark that I have been wanting to fish for a long time. The walk was sweaty and really eerie. I could hear foxes screaming and stags grunting, it was a little unnerving on my own.
Low tide on neaps has been quite productive in the past so I was quietly optimistic. I was fishing a clean patch in between 2 reefs, and with some small rollers sweeping in to my left, it looked absolutely prime for a bass.
I proceeded to launch double squid baits in to the chop.
It was only a few minutes sat in darkness before my ratchet scared me to death. I switched on my headtorch and knew instantly that the fish was hooked. I eventually pulled the fish to safety and was buzzing to see a 13lb 2oz huss makes it way up the slope infront of me. It wasn't a PB, but a massive fish for this neck of the woods.
I carried on until 00:30, losing another huss and what I believe to have been a half decent bass. What a mark, with massive potential. Just a shame about the walk!!!!!!! Looking forward to next time.

View attachment 15798

Excuse the shocking selfie.

Oh and I've broken my SD card reader...

View attachment 15799
Well done Dave. I have been taking about 10 shots of each fish lately, I keep cutting something out of the pic.

Skills…… But could do better lol.
great write as usual mate.

Good going mate, but you need your best photographer with you. Shame he wimps out on sweaty eerie tramps to the mark! Seriously though, a double figure fish is a double figure fish. Nice going and your hunch about the mark was spot on.

Nice one Dave, and that second session sounds awesome.

Are you sure it was grunting stags and not doggers? ?

Or dodgy types in bushes? ?

Well done Dave. I have been taking about 10 shots of each fish lately, I keep cutting something out of the pic.

Thanks Chris. Good to see you on here. Loving your pics on Insta

Skills…… But could do better lol.
great write as usual mate.

Cheers boss, definitely room for improvement haha
Cracking report mate, well done ?

Cheers mate

Great catch & report nice one mate ??

Thanks mate

Good going mate, but you need your best photographer with you. Shame he wimps out on sweaty eerie tramps to the mark! Seriously though, a double figure fish is a double figure fish. Nice going and your hunch about the mark was spot on.

Haha I was thinking that afterwards. The walk is a brutal one without gear, let alone with. Definitely need to get you down to one of these rocks marks soo . Have you had a huss this year?

Nice one Dave, and that second session sounds awesome.

Are you sure it was grunting stags and not doggers? ?

Or dodgy types in bushes? ?

Hahahaha it would make a great dogging spot tbf.
If you haven't heard a stag before, imagine a dinosaur from Jurassic Park :poop::poop::poop:

Back