• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Last night on the bait.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Swapped the lure equipment for the beach rods last night and headed to a local mark in search of the hounds. Set up 2 rods, one with a squid/sandeel on an up and over pennel and the other with crab on a single 4/0 Chinu on another up & over rig.

The 4th cast of the evening the blank was avoided with the ever obliging doggie taking the wrap at distance.

Hoping it was the beginning of things to come it wasn’t and it went very quiet as the rods remained motionless in the rest. It was so quiet in fact I took a couple pics of the baits before casting.

Been using the B8 M8 baiting up tool and liking it when it comes to squid/sandeel type baits like above.
Eventually, a 2nd knock for the night and this looked more like what I was after........ lifted into the fish and reeled in to find a small Smoothound around the 2lb mark. Quick pic and sent her back.

I thought darkness may have bought a few more hounds to the crab baits but it wasn’t to be and around 2hrs after low it was time to head off.

Nice change but it’ll be back to the plastic stuff next week. ????

Those reels got some power handles! What are they? Nice fishing!

Penn Fathom Mag 2 12’s........ lovely reels and very useable.
Cheers mate I've used them on the boat but don't think the handles were so big!!!! Pretty bombproof reels! Tight lines.

Nice session, well done on catching your target species (y).

Back