• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Last night’s weather window

Mushty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After a few days of wind and rain last night the rain stopped and wind fined away to nothing!
Off to Eastbourne I went, Thornbacks were the target and after a 2 week spell of not fishing I was gagging to go!
HW was just after 11 and I started fishing just before 8.
Fishing one rod with a 2 hook loop rig with 3/0 hooks baited with Sardine/Squid wrap and the other a short 3 hook loop rod with size 2 baited with lug.
The bites soon started with pin whiting and the odd rockling coming to the lug , and the odd small whiting coming to the fish baits.
About an hour in and a few small dogfish started to show and this carried on until HW.
Bang on HW a 35cm whiting appeared from nowhere on the lug bait, followed by a gentle pull down on the fish baits then slack lined. A nice Thornback and my first of the year slid from the water, a nice start at 40cm across the wings.
Re-baited and cast out, turned my back for 2 mins while sorting out my other rod to look back and find my line on the beach!
After catching up with my line and setting the hook a short scrap produced a strap conger that had taken a whiting.
Out of bait, made up with life and time approaching midnight I decided to call it a day!IMG_6537.jpegIMG_6548.jpegIMG_6533.jpeg

After a few days of wind and rain last night the rain stopped and wind fined away to nothing!
Off to Eastbourne I went, Thornbacks were the target and after a 2 week spell of not fishing I was gagging to go!
HW was just after 11 and I started fishing just before 8.
Fishing one rod with a 2 hook loop rig with 3/0 hooks baited with Sardine/Squid wrap and the other a short 3 hook loop rod with size 2 baited with lug.
The bites soon started with pin whiting and the odd rockling coming to the lug , and the odd small whiting coming to the fish baits.
About an hour in and a few small dogfish started to show and this carried on until HW.
Bang on HW a 35cm whiting appeared from nowhere on the lug bait, followed by a gentle pull down on the fish baits then slack lined. A nice Thornback and my first of the year slid from the water, a nice start at 40cm across the wings.
Re-baited and cast out, turned my back for 2 mins while sorting out my other rod to look back and find my line on the beach!
After catching up with my line and setting the hook a short scrap produced a strap conger that had taken a whiting.
Out of bait, made up with life and time approaching midnight I decided to call it a day!View attachment 59754View attachment 59755View attachment 59756

Worth the effort, well done on the thornie.

Nice one mate, some nice target fish too, well done...Great pics. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back