• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Late May sessions

Action Man

Reaction score
Hey all, bit late with my reporting these days, but here is an account of two sessions in late May:

Thursday 26th

Headed to my favourite north Kent bass mark, with the obvious target of bass in my sights. I wasn’t optimistic at all, given it was my first session in 2 weeks, and all I had heard about in those last two weeks was how bad the weed was. Got to my mark as the water was still out and had a few practice casts. As soon as the water was in I was into my first fish - a small schoolie. A couple more tiddlers kept me busy before my first decent bite resulting in a nice 43cm bass. Things slowed down for the next hour with only one small bite registered producing another tiddler. In the dying minutes of the tide, as the water was practically inches deep my rod folded over. It was a ridiculous bite, I really thought I had something massive on, but to myself it was a very spirited 42cm bass which found itself on the shingle. No complaints though as I finished the night on 6 bass, target achieved with 2 keepers. Even better there was not even a strand of weed to contend with!

4806937D-549C-4F7E-9410-19D06DECEDF6.jpeg

34D3930C-9C78-4956-AF5F-683F5052E6AA.jpeg

Monday 30th

I hadn’t expected to be out on this evening, but with a busy few days of work ahead I took the opportunity before I lost it. I headed to a rocky low tide venue on the north Kent coast, a venue that both myself and Stormtrooper fished a few weeks ago. I was going with the attitude of ‘anything goes’ rather than specifically targeting one species. I took some nice plump fresh lug worm, and also started the session foraging for a few small brown punger crabs.

Didn’t take long to produce my first bite, casting into the shallow bay I picked up an eel. Second bite produced a doggy, third another eel, then fourth another eel! Okay time to have a break from the worm baits, and on went a live small brown crab. Flung it out behind the rocks instead of into the shallow bay, about 5 mins later it took a proper good thump, couple of shakes then a long pull down followed by dropping completely slack. Fish on.
A really punchy fight and I got it into a decent position where I could land it safely in a gulley. I was stoked, this was my pb hound. I’ve had a longer fish before, but this was so hench and tipped past the 10lb mark on my scales. Totally made up I pressed on for another few hours but all I could muster was another couple of doggies. Anyway, once again no complaints with a busy session and a pb!

6455D36E-0C5A-4E79-9F2B-ADF9C5342A14.jpeg

40746452-9C48-497B-9BB1-16F81FEBDCB9.jpeg

Until next time

Alan

Congratulations on the pb. Lets hope June warms up a bit and the weed stays away. Should be some big 'uns out there.

Big ol fat girl that one bud! Top angling ??

Good report & photos Alan - well done on the PB Houndy thing! ????

Hey all, bit late with my reporting these days, but here is an account of two sessions in late May:

Thursday 26th

Headed to my favourite north Kent bass mark, with the obvious target of bass in my sights. I wasn’t optimistic at all, given it was my first session in 2 weeks, and all I had heard about in those last two weeks was how bad the weed was. Got to my mark as the water was still out and had a few practice casts. As soon as the water was in I was into my first fish - a small schoolie. A couple more tiddlers kept me busy before my first decent bite resulting in a nice 43cm bass. Things slowed down for the next hour with only one small bite registered producing another tiddler. In the dying minutes of the tide, as the water was practically inches deep my rod folded over. It was a ridiculous bite, I really thought I had something massive on, but to myself it was a very spirited 42cm bass which found itself on the shingle. No complaints though as I finished the night on 6 bass, target achieved with 2 keepers. Even better there was not even a strand of weed to contend with!

View attachment 27321

View attachment 27322

Monday 30th

I hadn’t expected to be out on this evening, but with a busy few days of work ahead I took the opportunity before I lost it. I headed to a rocky low tide venue on the north Kent coast, a venue that both myself and Stormtrooper fished a few weeks ago. I was going with the attitude of ‘anything goes’ rather than specifically targeting one species. I took some nice plump fresh lug worm, and also started the session foraging for a few small brown punger crabs.

Didn’t take long to produce my first bite, casting into the shallow bay I picked up an eel. Second bite produced a doggy, third another eel, then fourth another eel! Okay time to have a break from the worm baits, and on went a live small brown crab. Flung it out behind the rocks instead of into the shallow bay, about 5 mins later it took a proper good thump, couple of shakes then a long pull down followed by dropping completely slack. Fish on.
A really punchy fight and I got it into a decent position where I could land it safely in a gulley. I was stoked, this was my pb hound. I’ve had a longer fish before, but this was so hench and tipped past the 10lb mark on my scales. Totally made up I pressed on for another few hours but all I could muster was another couple of doggies. Anyway, once again no complaints with a busy session and a pb!

View attachment 27323

View attachment 27324

Until next time

Alan
looks like she has a pup ready to pop out or shes just full of dinner !!

Back