• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Late report - North Kent Tuesday 27th October

Action Man

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

So it's another late report from me!

Last Tuesday night I headed back to my super-shallow North Kent Bass venue in search of winkling out another Bass before the seasons close. I was not feeling overly optimistic given that the week prior to my session had seen the temperature drop suddenly and lots and lots of rain. Also inline with my fishing diary from last week then had moved on more or less around the same time.

Anyhow I got set up with my 2 rods, both loaded with whole squid, and sent them out to the horizon as soon as there was enough water in front of me. Then I waited and waited and waited. 1.5 hours went past and not even a rattle! Now this venue you can only get 3 hours fishing and its usually pretty frantic stuff with the rods getting hammered left, right and center. But my suspicions were true, it would seem that the bass has moved on to pastures new.

Anyway, I messed about with different baits, black lug in close, squid, and bluey wraps at distance just to cover some ground and see if I could get any interest. About 30 mins before high tide (which was 10:30 pm that night), my right-hand rod started to tremble a little bit. Ah, whiting, glorious whiting I thought... then the trembles turned into a succession of nice and controlled pulldowns so I knew I had something on. I picked up the rod and struck into immediate weight. Now, this felt familiar, and after a minute or two of heave-ho, I had a nice female thorny on the shingle. A very nice and welcome surprise at what I can honestly say is the shallowest of venues that I fish. Squid and bluey wrap did the damage.

My bass season is well and truly over and I have finished on 41 for the year (39 to bait and 2 on lures).

My attention is now going to turn back to the rays for autumn and my token yearly effort to target a unicorn.

Until next time
Alan

IMG_7585.jpg

Well done mate, sad it's the end of the session for you, that's a good tally mate., we have a few weeks test, do cross gingers I will be on them over the weekend.

Tight lines for you hunt on the Rays and the unicorns mate

Good work Alan, well done mate... I’m on 34, not long left to catch you!! ?

Back