• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Let’s start 2022

StaffsAngler

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Happy Friday gentleman! (And ladies). The time is fast approaching for me to dust of the rods and drown a bait or two! I started last year rather late and with very little success! This year I’m aiming to get down to the north wales coast in early march, but the question is….. what should I expect? I have been keeping a close eye on your reports flooding in and it’s great to see some good success, but as a novice of winter/spring fishing from the shore i am rather unsure on what I should really expect on both species and catch frequency. I can only assume that the fishing slows down during this time and certainly that new fish appear and old fish move out! Any tips, tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines guys ? ? ?

In my experience, February and early March are usually quiet periods along the North Wales coast, but that doesn't mean there aren't still fish to be caught.

Even though the numbers will be thinning out, you should be in with a chance of some whiting and maybe the dogs will be starting to show in numbers by then. There are always flounder, dab and 5 bearded rockling to be caught early in the year too.

This winter hasn't really seen the bass leave yet either, so there's always a chance of some silver.

A lot will depend on the weather, so let's hope it stays mild and we don't get any late cold spells ?.

Good luck (y).

I will be staying near to Aberdaron for a week from the 25 th, so will be trying the beaches for whatever is around, I am thinking there will still be a chance of a Bass, but more likley that doggies will probably turn up, as may Huss or Flatts. I always think that the beaches look good for the odd ray but have never had one there.

For myself I suppose anything to keep the rod tips nodding will do.

Has anybody any idea where I may get fresh bait locally to Aberdaron ?

Dave

Happy Friday gentleman! (And ladies). The time is fast approaching for me to dust of the rods and drown a bait or two! I started last year rather late and with very little success! This year I’m aiming to get down to the north wales coast in early march, but the question is….. what should I expect? I have been keeping a close eye on your reports flooding in and it’s great to see some good success, but as a novice of winter/spring fishing from the shore i am rather unsure on what I should really expect on both species and catch frequency. I can only assume that the fishing slows down during this time and certainly that new fish appear and old fish move out! Any tips, tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines guys ? ? ?
fish the last bit of pwllheli harbour mouth when the boat slow down a bit / or the beach mackerel sand eel lures .

I will be staying near to Aberdaron for a week from the 25 th, so will be trying the beaches for whatever is around, I am thinking there will still be a chance of a Bass, but more likley that doggies will probably turn up, as may Huss or Flatts. I always think that the beaches look good for the odd ray but have never had one there.

For myself I suppose anything to keep the rod tips nodding will do.

Has anybody any idea where I may get fresh bait locally to Aberdaron ?

Dave
i take all my bait down with me , so may be able to pick some up on way down there , tackle shops rhyl harbour , pensarns just off the a55

i take all my bait down with me , so may be able to pick some up on way down there , tackle shops rhyl harbour , pensarns just off the a55

I did not know that Tony did bait at Rhyl , not seen him for a while .I will call in time allowing ?.

Cheers for that ?

Dave

Thank you gentleman, next weekend shall be my first outing, as for fresh baits, in the last 2 years fresh bait has been hard to come by! I usually pump my own bad and when I can! Hopefully we get a little sport! Tight lines gents! ?

Back