• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Linetech Copolymer Line From Blakdog?

Nope! Have bought a few bits from Russ at Blakdog, good company to deal with. If buying line, I tend to try to get it locally, or the last lot I bought online was Asso from Norman at Breakaway tackle. ??

Nope! Have bought a few bits from Russ at Blakdog, good company to deal with. If buying line, I tend to try to get it locally, or the last lot I bought online was Asso from Norman at Breakaway tackle. ??

Sadly there's not many tackle shops left near me fella, the nearest one is mainly Carp gear, another one about ten miles way does stock sea fishing tackle, but not a lot of line! After that, it's Angling Direct, and I wouldn't buy off them again if they were the only tackle company left on the planet!

After reading up on the advantages of a Copolymer line over Mono, I fancied giving it a try. There's one on Amazon UK sold by Amazon US, but it's three times the cost of the Linetech! I reckon I'll have to buy it and find out, it's cheap enough?

Sadly there's not many tackle shops left near me fella, the nearest one is mainly Carp gear, another one about ten miles way does stock sea fishing tackle, but not a lot of line! After that, it's Angling Direct, and I wouldn't buy off them again if they were the only tackle company left on the planet!

After reading up on the advantages of a Copolymer line over Mono, I fancied giving it a try. There's one on Amazon UK sold by Amazon US, but it's three times the cost of the Linetech! I reckon I'll have to buy it and find out, it's cheap enough?
Why not look at braid , thinner then mono and stronger and lasts longer

I've heard that Copolymer line mentioned but know nothing about it. The benefits of living in a coastal port is we have quite a few good tackle shops here. More handy for bait than tackle for me.

I've heard that Copolymer line mentioned but know nothing about it. The benefits of living in a coastal port is we have quite a few good tackle shops here. More handy for bait than tackle for me.

We could be neighbours next year fella, so you could show me around ?

We could be neighbours next year fella, so you could show me around ?
Oooh! Moving this way? Gimme a shout nearer the time. Quite a few of us good guys here! ????

Oooh! Moving this way? Gimme a shout nearer the time. Quite a few of us good guys here! ????

That's the plan, if it works out. Something we should have done twenty years ago but moved to Spain instead, BIG BIG mistake! Three years ago we had hoped to have moved by 2021, but then COVID hit! Sadly house prices shot up a bit more than expected too, but we'll be looking more at a small holding.

That's the plan, if it works out. Something we should have done twenty years ago but moved to Spain instead, BIG BIG mistake! Three years ago we had hoped to have moved by 2021, but then COVID hit! Sadly house prices shot up a bit more than expected too, but we'll be looking more at a small holding.
Hmmm.... Well aware of them big mistakes. We bought an old farmhouse in France just over 20yrs ago, with near 1.5 acres of land, Lawns, Orchard, barns etc. A lot of upkeep. Lovely at the time, but a number of circumstances & health issues have prevented us moving over there, and with Brexit, I can't see plan B of us retiring there happening either. I moved all of my bigger tools over there when I gave up working self employed, to save storage costs here, so got to do something with that lot before I can even thnk about selling up. ??

Another one for the Plymouth Forum Club.You'll Soon be going on "Go Daddy Domain Name".??
No feckin' chance of that - that 'Go Daddy' crowd are like piles - a pain in the arse. Got my own domain anyway. ??

Hmmm.... Well aware of them big mistakes. We bought an old farmhouse in France just over 20yrs ago, with near 1.5 acres of land, Lawns, Orchard, barns etc. A lot of upkeep. Lovely at the time, but a number of circumstances & health issues have prevented us moving over there, and with Brexit, I can't see plan B of us retiring there happening either. I moved all of my bigger tools over there when I gave up working self employed, to save storage costs here, so got to do something with that lot before I can even thnk about selling up. ??

I've kept my planer/thicknesser just incase it comes in handy when we move, either house or boat! ?

I've kept my planer/thicknesser just incase it comes in handy when we move, either house or boat! ?
Yep, one of those lurking in France - bought it to use for renovations and only used it twice. Also lurking, 7ft (F. heavy!) metal turning lathe, 2 welders, 24in Radial arm saw, 14in saw bench, dust extractor, electric compressor, vintage compressor driven by Honda engine, numerous power tools, chainsaws & strimmer etc. Oh, and 3 ride-on mowers, refurbished 8ft garden trailer and a replica phone box on castors! ??

As I said earlier, I didn't know much about Copolymer line, so found this quite interesting.

I take issue with one quote though: "A copolymer fishing line is 2-3 times thinner than a mono line of the same strength."

Linetech Copolymer 30Lb from Blakdog: 0.50mm. Sufix Tritanium 30Lb from Breakaway tackle: 0.45mm.

I noticed the thickness of the Linetech and thought it didn't fit with what I'd read. Hopefully the other advantages/differences are more accurate!

Last edited:
Back