• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Loads of fish

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So Saturday I fished our monthly club comp it was the Dennis retter memorial cup and was ment to take place at west bexington but cause of the wind they made it a rover . I headed to my local secret mark in the knowledge I’d find a few decent dogs for the comp eel I wasn’t wrong it was a fish a cast must have had 40 dog fish a couple of eeels and few tiny pout and ting one of the dogs was 2lb 4 oz and saw me take 3 rd place on the night the guys who headed to slapton smashed it tho . Today arfter a quick chat with my mate we headed to bridgeing camp a quick row over the fleet and we were fishing just befor low first cast I snagged a brace of fat pout one of them was a lb + don’t mind catching them when there this big few ting and more pout followed Burt then chased a ballon about 1/4 of a mile up the beach ( thought he was gonna end up in Portland ) but he eventually bumbled back and stuck his head up his ass ??. Then me mate snagged a fat codling just under 3 lb five minutes later I snagged one happy days brace of fresh blacks over low can’t beat it . I had a conger around the 8 mark and we steadily had sma succession of ting and pout darkness fell and my mate shouted up he was into a better fish I ran up to see him play a decent eel and sure enough a hefty snake came thru the gloom but unfortunately just as he draggedout Of the sea it let go of the large pout it was hanging onto gutted it was defo a 20 + ☹️That was it my mates got a thing for big eels and set up half pout baits on all his rods while I was chaseing cod and rays shirt while later he called me over again we watched as his gfs arched over powerfully another well and this one was bigger again arfter a bit of tug of war he started to gain on it I’ve never seen a British sea fish pull like this thing was my mate was convinced it was a 40 lber arfter a long fight disasterhis main line gave and it was gone ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️Hee we was gutted but we put it down to him tangleing in my braid around an hr Earlier down but not we continued to fish u had a few dogs on my rss as y baits and a few more ting on my cod rig then at the death I had a decent bite a sprited scrap And hooray a ray only small but a welcome result lovely little undulate so that was it went back across we started putting a plan together for next weekend to maybe have another go there see if we can land a beast and I can finally get my Double figure shire fish cheers beys and girls ??BAEAB809-0512-4FD5-9664-E147C7D95865.jpeg2FA3C338-D605-43A0-92A3-B4AC9F1F202E.jpeg05EC2041-E591-410D-834D-E0D009AB4FFE.jpeg14C56C1E-23D1-4A02-B0C1-8208C01D6028.jpeg

Attachments

• 57C4A78B-5E73-45E3-A0EB-8F0607C5076D.jpeg
    57C4A78B-5E73-45E3-A0EB-8F0607C5076D.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 6
i really wanted to fish into darkness down there today but couldn't get there again , well done on a busy session, this tide set in early november often productive, unlucky on the one that escaped, some of the eels down there just feel unstoppable

Firstly why was your mate chasing a balloon secondly why were you not helping him catch said balloon lots of fun with a balloon would have made a much more interesting report if the balloon was mentioned a lot more ?

i really wanted to fish into darkness down there today but couldn't get there again , well done on a busy session, this tide set in early november often productive, unlucky on the one that escaped, some of the eels down there just feel unstoppable
It actually slowed up at night but the water was a lot more coloured than expected I was hoeing for bream and tried hard at dusk but only had bootlace eels and pout although they were generally of good size

As requested Burt did manage to catch u up with the ballon but on doing so realised wot it was and that he has a distinct fear of them so come running back again then went to sleep for an hr only to rise to have a scrap with a dog fish .?‍♂️

Great report & photos as always Tats! Well done on the Compo result. Thanks for putting that up - Top dangling & a great read! ????

Back